Centre Speaker Recommendations

Soldato
Hi There,

My father currently has a Yamaha RXV381 and is looking at getting a new centre speaker. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on what to look for in a centre speaker or indeed speakers that they would recommend (budget: < E100).

The existing speaker setup is left overs from an old philips all-in-one surround system and the centre speaker has recently developed a rattle, hence the desire to replace it.

Soldato
You tend to want the front 3 speakers from the same brand and preferably the same range so whatever you get make sure they will be manufactured for a while so you can match the centre should the front L/R go.

APM

APM

Associate
it's worth spending a bit extra for a centre imho,go for one a size above what you think you'll need too.

Soldato
it's worth spending a bit extra for a centre imho,go for one a size above what you think you'll need too.

Yup. The one I use now is about £1000. Well worth it.

Look at second hand. Best bargain I got was a £1000 for £120. For £120 you'd get a fairly average center- not a high end one.

Soldato
I've always had trouble with the positioning of the centre speaker. Where do you actually put it.

My TV cabinet is glass door fronted. It can't go behind it as it would look to daft and annoy the missus. Only place I can put it is in front of the TV on the cabinet but they dont make TV stands high enough so I cant buy a high centre speaker. So I got some rubber feet from Amazon and stuck the TV stand on the feet to raise it a little. Then I found a Panasonic centre speaker which gives a decent sound and its fits under the screen. I guess its easier to position them if you have your TV wall mounted.

Soldato
I've always had trouble with the positioning of the centre speaker. Where do you actually put it.

My TV cabinet is glass door fronted. It can't go behind it as it would look to daft and annoy the missus. Only place I can put it is in front of the TV on the cabinet but they dont make TV stands high enough so I cant buy a high centre speaker. So I got some rubber feet from Amazon and stuck the TV stand on the feet to raise it a little. Then I found a Panasonic centre speaker which gives a decent sound and its fits under the screen. I guess its easier to position them if you have your TV wall mounted.

I bought a dedicated TV stand where the VESA mount is adjustable, and so is the top shelf. So with the combination of the two, I can get the center as high as possible- the top of the center is same height as the border on the TV, without it blocking the screen.

Associate

Yeah same problem here no room in the cabinet underneath my consoles , blu ray and amp is there, i put a shelf level with the top of the tv on the wall behind the tv and stuck it on that would still look better underneath tho

i need a wider cabinet / stand :)

Back
Top Bottom