Certain amount of vehicles per residence?

Soldato
Our neighbour across the road has 4 cars and 1 extra large/long transit van, 2 cars on their drive, 2 on the street and the van on the street, the van is a nightmare for us getting out of our drive due to only several meters of room to move about in.

Is there not a restriction on this?

ags

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Our neighbour across the road has 4 cars and 1 extra large/long transit van, 2 cars on their drive, 2 on the street and the van on the street, the van is a nightmare for us getting out of our drive due to only several meters of room to move about in.

ags

If they're all taxed, tested and insured for the ones that sit on the road. No, no restriction at all.

If it's a bother, politely ask if they could be more thoughful with parking but if they're not directly blocking you thenthere's not much you can do.

Soldato
The only restrictions some councils apply is on the number of on road parking permits they issue.

Its a free world, they can own as many vehicles as they like - considerately or otherwise

Soldato
OP
Please accept my rough amature paint diagram lol

red blocks are their cars, green ours (well my mums and my sis's).

Maybe it will make some sense.

roughdiagram.jpg

ags

Soldato
OP
If they're all taxed, tested and insured for the ones that sit on the road. No, no restriction at all.

If it's a bother, politely ask if they could be more thoughful with parking but if they're not directly blocking you thenthere's not much you can do.

The only restrictions some councils apply is on the number of on road parking permits they issue.

Its a free world, they can own as many vehicles as they like - considerately or otherwise

Ah, bugger, okies, we have asked many times and the only restriction on parking on our road is a disabled bay for the house on the left of us.

I will try asking again, they just shut the door on my face, they are african I think, barely speak any english.

ags

Soldato
get your m8s to all park their cars at your house leaving *minimum* room for their vehicles.

See what happens then :) 2 weeks max before things kick off i reckon

Seems to me this situation is not an "ownership" issue but an "access" issue *shrug* so you limit their access the same way they are doing to you atm.

Soldato
OP
Well, I had a little shout across to them as he almost knocked over my bike but did my mates, a K8 GSXR 600 TT edition, he was not impressed, no damage no as crash bungs, he was reversing almost onto our drive and our bikes were on the pavement infront of our drive, he was trying to drive into his drive... not sure why.

But all he did was say sorry (to the best he could) and slam the door.

Oh well, I will ring the council, if nothing can be done then oh well, but maybe it might be possible to get the road on a parking pass holder only road. Due to it being within 1 mile of central reading it could work.

If not, like you lot said, I can only keep asking or resort to childish games.

ags

Soldato
Sounds like they probably wont care too much about their vehicles, check the tax very closely and report them for that if it expires

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Is there actually enough room to double park? Sounds like you should only park down one side of the road if it's that tight, or on your driveway of course.

It is a petty issue at the end of the day, but damaging your vehicle(s) is not acceptable. If it was ongoing up to this point I would have reported them from leaving the scene of an accident. I'd at least help to pick the bike up!

Associate
The rules on cars per home actually applies to parking spaces only. My council requires (bedrooms - 1) off road parking spaces for all the houses in my area. This would only apply when someone applies for planning permission to build an extension.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I hope not - we have seven!

I can't offer any real advice on your situation though other than if they actually prevent you getting onto the highway from your drive, call the council/local bobbies.

Bear in mind you have no right to get from the highway to your land though. So if you come home and can't get onto your driveway, you'll have to park somewhere else.

Soldato
he is perfectly entitled to park there, its of course annoying but I dont think there is anything that can be done :(

Is your drive quite tight with walls at either side. so you end up trying to get out at a tight angle? maybe kind of open it wider if possible. at each corner.

Soldato
OP
he is perfectly entitled to park there, its of course annoying but I dont think there is anything that can be done :(

Is your drive quite tight with walls at either side. so you end up trying to get out at a tight angle? maybe kind of open it wider if possible. at each corner.

No, in all fairness, if you look at the diagram, the house on our right is nothing but a driveway which is on level with ours and has no wall/gate so we use theirs sometimes getting onto ours and out of it as they done mind cos on the left of our drive is a half foot drop to gravel.

They don't have a car so don't bother them.

It's just the principle that it's a little selfish really and a little careless.

Oh well

ags

Soldato
from that diagram i cant see how its a big problem getting off your drive ?

unless the van really does cover half the road. but what sort of van is that wide ?

anyway id try talking to them again because its the only thing you can do

Soldato
OP
It's a pretty narrow road, it's not impossible to get out, just an annoyance is all. Plus, my sis being the girl racer that she is, her 2 chaved up cars are worth more than I would like to think so she gets real miffed simply cos she knows that one day she will accidentaly back into the van lol.

ags

Back
Top Bottom