CES 2019 - What can we expect?

Associate
Hi all,

So with CES 2019 coming up in just a few days time I wanted to ask what we can all expect? I've done a Google and I'm only finding bits of information about speculation for the stands etc. and to be honest this is the first time I've ever really paid attention to CES, given that I'm interested what new laptops will be announced.

Much like other conferences I'm guessing that we'll be waiting a long while before anything that's talked about will be due for release (i.e. any laptops announced won't be available in the US until at least June, maybe even later for the UK)?

What are your thoughts? Apologies if this is in the wrong area, and I did do a search for similar threads which didn't turn up a specific thread but if there is one already let me know and feel free to close this one :)

Cheers,

Shoxt3r

Associate
If the rumors are to be believed then what ever AMD comes out with could be very exciting, stories of ryzen 3000 series with upto 16 cores on the AM4 platform and much improved clock speeds and maybe some stuff about Navi.

But could also just be a boring talk about how well they've done in the stock market over the last 12 months and a couple vague slides saying that they are have new things coming eventually.

So yeah, fingers crossed its the exiting stuff :p

Associate
OP
If the rumors are to be believed then what ever AMD comes out with could be very exciting, stories of ryzen 3000 series with upto 16 cores on the AM4 platform and much improved clock speeds and maybe some stuff about Navi.

But could also just be a boring talk about how well they've done in the stock market over the last 12 months and a couple vague slides saying that they are have new things coming eventually.

So yeah, fingers crossed its the exiting stuff :p

Haha yeah hopefully the exciting stuff. Any announcements due for new laptops or is that a long way off? Or do those sortof announcements come from elsewhere? I'm only used to the games conferences, keeping up with news on hardware is a bit new to me!

Associate
OP
5G everywhere.
AMD CPU+GPU
Intel GPU
HDMI 2.1 everywhere
More wearable trash with Alexa and friends spying on your every move/word.

Haha yeah undoubtedly there'll be plenty of "smart" devices and loads on 5G....I just hope there's a laptop release due somewhere along the line!

Associate
OP
Hmm, so far it seems CES appears to be a bit disappointing in terms of laptop announcements. The most interesting for me is the Samsung Notebook Odyssey. Asus still seem to insist that the small trackpad to the right of a keyboard is the way to go and to be honest their Mothership offering in terms of portability is laughable.

Maybe there will be more in the coming days...?

Soldato
RBG everything. RGB on things you didn't think possible. RGB on things you didn't think exist. Everything needs RGB.

On a lighter note, a dropoff in form over function. Seems like case manufacturers have realised that blocking all airflow with a bit of glass leads to a hot and loud computer.

Associate
OP
Soo....with the latest announcements of upgraded Gigabyte Aeros coming out soon, are we likely to see a price-drop on the 2018 range, or will they still be sold at pretty much full price until they run out of stock?
Presumably the new Gigabyte Aeros will be priced at similar price points...?

Back
Top Bottom