Poll: Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Manchester United - 27th May 2009 *SPOILERS*

Who will you be supporting on Wednesday

• Barcelona

Votes: 87 36.4%
  • That other team

Votes: 152 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Cheets & G|mp, I suggest the pair of you either put each other on ignore or simply stop responding to each other, if you want to carry on do it via email.
It's not fair that others have to trawl through your crap and we have to moderate it.
It doesn't matter who starts it but it has to stop or SA access will be removed.

Course you did.

Night :)

01:22 AM, 29th May 2009 Rotty Post by G|mp Soft Deleted
01:22 AM, 29th May 2009 Rotty Post by cheets64 Soft Deleted
01:22 AM, 29th May 2009 Rotty Post by G|mp Soft Deleted

Rotty deserves an apology for that.

Soldato
Yikes that was a long trip home! :o

Brilliant atmosphere, great barca crowd...put us to shame! :eek:

For what its worth, here are me pictures....:(

Please note the camera angle often looks skewiff, and some random crowd shots....can anyone guess why? ;)

Flickr Set

No, I have no idea why!

Do tell! Who're the girls you took lots of pictures of?

Are you in the set?

Really good pictures by the way!

Soldato
Lets face it - there are few players around the world able to cope with the pressure of Barca / Man Utd and a few other clubs around Europe (mainly).

Even fewer when you consider the players like Gerrard and Torres, Messi etc who are already attached to their dream club and for emotional reasons would never join Utd in the first place.

If we dont use a five man midfield to outmuscle the more skillful players (which is probably the only way to combat such skillful teams, is hoping to find a youngster that becomes the next Roy Keane / Essien etc

And that will take as long if not longer than waiting to see the end of Iniesta's and Xavi's natural playing days lol

Soldato
How can you not care about the league your team are involved in? :/

EDIT: And this is how damn long it's taken me to read through the whole thread since I didn't have time for it until after the game had finished.

Caporegime
Back after my time on the side lines.

Want to say sorry for losing my temper and swearing, proof alcohol and football shouldn't mix :p * I don't normally drink either :p :(

Won't happen again sports Arena!

Barcelona were the better side, played much better football. Wouldn't have thought they had players missing.

Manchester United, look very good for 10 minutes, Barcelona scored and the life drained out over them instantly. Fergie got a few things wrong, (part of why I think he was so humble after the game).

No complaints from me, enjoyed the game despite rooting for Manchester United.

Will people take the Spainish league more seriously ?
Finally will people agree that the English Premier league isn't the "best in the world" ? :p

Soldato
Back after my time on the side lines.

Want to say sorry for losing my temper and swearing, proof alcohol and football shouldn't mix :p * I don't normally drink either :p :(

Won't happen again sports Arena!

Barcelona were the better side, played much better football. Wouldn't have thought they had players missing.

Manchester United, look very good for 10 minutes, Barcelona scored and the life drained out over them instantly. Fergie got a few things wrong, (part of why I think he was so humble after the game).

No complaints from me, enjoyed the game despite rooting for Manchester United.

Will people take the Spainish league more seriously ?
Finally will people agree that the English Premier league isn't the "best in the world" ? :p

English league is the best. La Liga is nowhere near the level of the premiership, barcalona granted are a fantastic team, but the rest of la liga are nothing special. The Premiership is fantastic because its a very close league where each team has its own personality of play. Real Madrid supposedly the biggest club in the world are a joke, they are so bad a midtable team in the premier league would beat them each week.

Premier league is just on a completely different level to every other. and Yes its because of the cash influx to clubs and thier spending capabilities. im proud of that, we have the ability to attract big money men.

Barcelona do not represent the quality in La Liga, they are just an amazingly good team, but they wouldn't have scored near the amount of goals they have in La Liga in the premiership, fact. If they came to england and played week in week out with the tough physical side to the PL they wouldn't even win as often, they'd be closer to arsenal.

Soldato
English league is the best. La Liga is nowhere near the level of the premiership, barcalona granted are a fantastic team, but the rest of la liga are nothing special. The Premiership is fantastic because its a very close league where each team has its own personality of play. Real Madrid supposedly the biggest club in the world are a joke, they are so bad a midtable team in the premier league would beat them each week.

Premier league is just on a completely different level to every other. and Yes its because of the cash influx to clubs and thier spending capabilities. im proud of that, we have the ability to attract big money men.

Barcelona do not represent the quality in La Liga, they are just an amazingly good team, but they wouldn't have scored near the amount of goals they have in La Liga in the premiership, fact. If they came to england and played week in week out with the tough physical side to the PL they wouldn't even win as often, they'd be closer to arsenal.

Have you forgot how bad boro got hammered by sevilla in the uefa cup. Please don't compare arsenal with this barca team, day and night really.

Caporegime

The English League is only "the best league in the world" because that is how Sky have to market their product, who's going to watch the second best league in the world or just a really good league. I doubt that a "mid table" premier league side would beat Real Madrid.

Barcelona are the best team in Europe right now, Manchester United were last year. Saying that "the rest of la liga are nothing special" works both ways, "the rest of the premier league is nothing special".

The Premier League wasn't "close" this season was it ?
Top 4 |INSERT BIG GAP| rest of the league.
There are a handful of clubs in England that will constantly make the top four.

In Spain there are normally one or two clubs (Barcelona, Real) who fight it out for top spot, and then there is a very close fight for the rest of the Champions league spots.

The Premier League has the most money, because of Sky, not because it is the best, but because Sky have put time, and lots of money into the English game to be able to market as a world wide product.

The Premier League is brilliant, I love it, but it does get boring with the top four sorted almost before a team has kicked a ball, and the relegation battle more or less sorted. The "football" term is lost somewhere in midtable aswell, the league relies on physically players over footballers.

La Liga has footballers and a high standard of football playing teams all through the league, Henry said something along the lines that playing against low league opposition was as hard as top level in spain, because they all know how to play football, unlike the Premier league.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Premier League, but I doubt its the best in the world, Sky brainwashing is working ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom