Championship Manager

Associate
https://twitter.com/CM_9798

hello people

We have just created a twitter page to celebrate the upcoming 20th anniversary of Championship Manager 97/98, we hope to provide a bit of nostalgia for fans of the game and later championship manager/football manager games. content will increase heading upto the anniversary leading to career updates/Screenshots that will bring the memories flooding back.

give us a follow if you played any of the old skool games and we'll give you a follow back.

cheers.

Soldato
I remember creating a whole new nation, "Mars", in that edition of CM. They had two teams,"Alpha Centuri" and another that I forget, and a load of very good, but stupidly named, players - mostly based on sci-fi characters. I don't think the Martians ever won the world cup, but they were certainly an international force. And I signed loads of their players :D

Associate
I loved to create a new club in the bottom of the english league system, with a decent sized stadium and following, but add no players to the club so that I would have to build the club from the bottom. So I would have to start with signing a lot of players on free transfers. Man, that was quite some fun :)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
So many memories. I think 98/99 was my first one, can't quite remember. The first forum I ever signed up to was SI Games.

Coming home from school and playing for hours and hours, including when I was supposed to go to sleep. Would put some clothes at the bottom of my door so the light from my monitor wouldn't go through so my mum wouldn't know I was still awake. :D

'Remember to feed the cat' still makes me smile :)

After they sold out I stopped playing. Never properly tried Football Manager as around that time I moved on to other games.

So so so so so many players I found on the game..that a couple years later became big in real life. Riquelme, Saviola, Aimar, Juan Pablo Angel the ones at the top of my head... I was convinced real life managers were playing the game to find players :D

Soldato
I remember buying this Norwegian striker for Leeds, can't remember his name, but i paid like £3 million for him, scored over 30 goals in every PL season for like 4 years before moving to Barca for £60 odd million, smashed the world record fee at the time, he was a goal machine, I think it was Champ Man 02/03 though..

Always used to love playing with Parma as well. Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Veron, Baggio, Asprilla, Enrico Chiesa & Crespo...my god...what a team! They had some right players at the end of the 90's

Bought Ronaldinho for a Roma save as well one time, played a diamond with Ronaldinho behind Montella and Batistuta....one word..PROLIFIC! They were like MSN, 100 goals between them and stuff.

Those were the days

Last edited:
Associate
Start up a game in 99/00 and always got Taribo West on a free. Willie Howie was always a good buy and if you could get Martin Palermo you were laughing.

Back
Top Bottom