*** The official 2018 MacBook Pro thread (it has six cores and everything!) ***

Caporegime
I don't think Intel have even announced the Coffee Lake HQ processors yet so not this year for Apple Macbooks.

I'm expecting the iMac to have i5-8400 in them by September though. Else I'll do my nut. I feel like I've been waiting for so long.

Soldato
Does this also mean it's likely the 13" Macbook pro will have a quad core processor when it's refreshed? I'm tempted to replace my 12" Macbook with one later this year.

Going from dual to quad core would make for a potentially huge jump in performance.

Soldato
OP
Caporegime
Soldato
Razer's new Blade laptops have been announced recently. They have 6 core Intel CPUs in them, and the laptops are very Macbook in form factor. So I expect if Razor has had access to them long enough to develop laptops, Apple will have too.

Soldato
OP
Razer's new Blade laptops have been announced recently. They have 6 core Intel CPUs in them, and the laptops are very Macbook in form factor. So I expect if Razor has had access to them long enough to develop laptops, Apple will have too.

Look interesting - but a smaller battery compared to gigabyte - so the gigabyte is more appealing.

Basically I'm gonna buy the gigabyte or the new macbook pro for full time photo video work.

Apple has its work cut out - the gigabyte is technically perfect specs wise for me - 100%aRGB 4k screen, 6 core, 32gb ram and I can upgrade the ssd's etc and a large battery.

Apple needs to match it specs wise - 100% adobe RGB screen 6 core etc- but also it needs better power management and longer battery life (should be dooable given apples focus on power use) - id sacrifice 'unplugged performance' for a longer battery life - but as long as it went as fast as the gigabyte plugged in.

Also OSX appeals to me and the software integration of my mobile devices etc.

Its a tough one, I'm not sure apple will pull it off - but I am gonna hold out for it as long as they release it by the end of July - otherwise with my work schedule I will have to buy the gigabyte anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Look interesting - but a smaller battery compared to gigabyte - so the gigabyte is more appealing.

Basically I'm gonna buy the gigabyte or the new macbook pro for full time photo video work.

Apple has its work cut out - the gigabyte is technically perfect specs wise for me - 100%aRGB 4k screen, 6 core, 32gb ram and I can upgrade the ssd's etc and a large battery.

Apple needs to match it specs wise - 100% adobe RGB screen 6 core etc- but also it needs better power management and longer battery life (should be dooable given apples focus on power use) - id sacrifice 'unplugged performance' for a longer battery life - but as long as it went as fast as the gigabyte plugged in.

Also OSX appeals to me and the software integration of my mobile devices etc.

Its a tough one, I'm not sure apple will pull it off - but I am gonna hold out for it as long as they release it by the end of July - otherwise with my work schedule I will have to buy the gigabyte anyway.
I'm actually in a similar position. I'm tempted by a Macbook pro, but not the current iteration.

The Razer release has made things a bit more interesting. What's the Gigabyte laptop you're talking about?

Back
Top Bottom