Change of career

Associate
Hi all

Im 29 years old and work in a local Fitness Suite inside a leisure centre as a Fitness Instructor, I have done for getting on 5 years now and this is what I wanted to do and is why I went to college at 22 to study for it. I got lucky and got the job, pay is OK but never going to get rich. Problem is, I dont think its for me and I find it increasingly boring as it isnt what I expected. Majority of time I am sat alone in the side office of the gym bored out my brains, waiting to go home.

Always been a computer person, I am good with computers and most people say I should be in an IT job role. Thing is though I dont know where to start. I dont know what type of IT job role would best suit me, even if I did know I dont know which qualification/course to study.. I have tried having a look on 'Indeed' to search for local computer related jobs in the area in order to try to determine what qualifications companies are looking for but cannot seem to find anything jumping out at me.

Can anyone help advise please?

Realistically I think I would OK starting off as a type of Windows Operated Computer Support person or something along that lines, over the phone support or going out to peoples computers to fix problems

Soldato
Doing something similar, career change.

Learning programming myself, there are quite a few routes you can take though.

reddit.com/r/learnprogramming has a lot of useful info if thats anything you may want to consider.

Soldato
Where are you based? There must be some first line support jobs somewhere close?

Is there anything IT wise you can do in your current role?

Associate
OP
I live in a small town in north wales, current company is undergoing huge changes atm from council to our own employee mutual led company, we have recruited a marketing manager for the first time so I am hoping one day in the future he requires his own team and i could maybe join that, but no guarantee

Back
Top Bottom