Changing Broadband supplier - Account name change

Soldato
OK - I'm at the mercy of everyone here as this is potentially a really stupid question. I'm prepared for the ridicule and I'll just have to take it on the chin.

Potentially looking to change broadband supplier - currently with Sky who won't negotiate my price increase once I go out of contract this time next month, potentially looking to move to Vodafone.
Sky account is all in my name - however, as my wife is the current Vodafone customer, if we decide to go this route - new account will be with Vodafone and in her name.

I see that the route these days for transferring your broadband is to let your new supplier do all the work - so I'd place an order with Vodafone and sit back, allow them to do everything.
The fact the old account is in the name Mr. and then there will be an attempt to "live take over" from Sky in the name Mrs. isn't going to cause any problems is it?

Sky aren't going to panic seeing a different name attempting to take the line on?

You know - as I type this, the question feels even more silly. But just don't want anything to potentially go wrong. Like suddenly being without broadband for silly reasons :)

Soldato
It won't cause any issues. Done it before with my mother's account, and I took over since it's easier for me to manage. Contacted the new ISP and it moved over without any issues.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
This will be fine, a couple of broadband accounts at our houses were until recently in my name having set them up for my parents. We recently transferred them (between ISP and names) to my fathers to neaten things up for billing, which went without hiccup. I had the same concern as you, as i didn't want to cut the places off, and didn't plan to visit them any time soon either.

Back
Top Bottom