Charging cable roulette

Soldato
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good USB - USB-C charging cable? I have a few charging cables but they all seem to end up giving different throughput to my phone. I have tried the following cables:

Anker Powerline+
Anker Powerline
Cable that came with my old Google Pixel

The Google Pixel cable seems to get the best throughput then the powerline + then the powerline.

I'm checking throughput using Ampere (Android app) and a USB tester.

Soldato
would have said powerline too, but -
tell us what kind of variation of throughput you have seen if you have a usb ammeter
.. some of the utube videos, people talk about, a negligible, few minutes, in an hour, of charging time, between cables. ?

guess you have a usb tester that monitors the higher currents and voltages involved with quick charge

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your reply, I had another test with another charger and some more cables it gave some better results.

The two anker cables and the pixel cable came out at 17w and the one that came with my Huawei topped out at 21w.

I think I maybe need to get another charger rather than cables. It was giving different Watts at different times and on different ports and doesn't actually seem to be a fast charger and was topping out about 8/9w.

Back
Top Bottom