Chassis Intrusion PLS HELP! (ASUS P5W DH)

Associate
Hi thanks in advance if anyone can help...

I've got Asus P5W DH, after playing around with the chassis intrusion jumper to try and get my pc to boot after a blown psu on boot I get
CMOS checksum bad
Chassis Intruded
Fatal Error

To enable me to get into bios and boot windows I have to reset cmos while the psu is live and I can edit bios and boot windows as normal. Then after a restart I get the error again.
I get this error wether the jumper pins are on the chassis intrusion connector or the case chassic intrusion connector are in place. I've tried taking the battery out and resetting cmos etc.. and it still happens.

Anyone got any clues as to why it keeps happening? Would a Bios update help? current is 1707

Last edited:
Associate
thats strange that if the pins are shorted your still having troubles.. anyway, in the bios is there an option for it, and make suer its disabled?

Associate
Hi thanks in advance if anyone can help...

I've got Asus P5W DH, after playing around with the chassis intrusion jumper to try and get my pc to boot after a blown psu on boot I get
CMOS checksum bad
Chassis Intruded
Fatal Error

To enable me to get into bios and boot windows I have to reset cmos while the psu is live and I can edit bios and boot windows as normal. Then after a restart I get the error again.
I get this error wether the jumper pins are on the chassis intrusion connector or the case chassic intrusion connector are in place. I've tried taking the battery out and resetting cmos etc.. and it still happens.

Anyone got any clues as to why it keeps happening? Would a Bios update help? current is 1707

i'm getting the same problem as this on a brand new Asus P5K, there is no option in the BIOS that i can see to disable it, and the pin is on correctly. I haven't managed to do anything with the PC at all, apart from flash it to the latest version.

I can re-set the BIOS but as soon as i change anything in the BIOS and re-boot the machine it gives me the same message again.

Associate
i've had something similar with a sapphire board, what i found out was causing it was light shining on a certain area, have you tried resetting your cmos and the CLOSING your case up, i know it's unheard of but the side panels are there for a reason ;) make sure no light inside the case, close it up after rest cmos and see how it goes?

Associate
i've had something similar with a sapphire board, what i found out was causing it was light shining on a certain area, have you tried resetting your cmos and the CLOSING your case up, i know it's unheard of but the side panels are there for a reason ;) make sure no light inside the case, close it up after rest cmos and see how it goes?

Thanks for the info.

Did as you suggested, exactly the same thing again.

Associate
bumholes :/

exactly what i'm thinking :)
maybe it's a prob with my mobo i can't really think of anything else, i have moved the ram around, tried it outside the case, tried everything and no joy.
looks like i'm going to have to send it back.
anyone know what the replacement etc is like from overclockers?

Associate
Top hit from google... bolded gives easiest solution, looks like once it i triggered you need to 'reset' the detection.

Originally Posted by bichi View Post
Did a quick Google and found this article about "loose/bent pin" chassis intrusion jumper:
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/windows/a...n-system-15608

If the jumper is not "loose" and verified it's over the correct pins: (see attached pic)
- unplug AC power
- CAREFULLY double-check intrusion jumper and pins for "tightness"
- check PCB mounting for odd shorts
- disconnect all USB devices, especially powered HUBs (in case of a "sneak-circuit" supplying +5sbvdc to intrusion circuit)
- clear BIOS with jumper (10sec)
- connect only keyboard and USB port if needed for flashdrive, else floppy
- reconnect AC power and pray

If all fails, guess its time to request replacement BIOS chip from ASUS Support?

Best of luck to you!

EDIT: just found more stuff using Google "ASUS intrusion" search term
http://www.digit-life.com/forum/0003/000387.html

clipped from above thread:
Dr Fat Chick - Junior Member
I had this problem with my brand new A7v333 and fixed it successfully:
If you look on the Asus web site you can find the fix tucked away in a faq - it suggests removing the existing jumper, rebooting (yes, you'll get the error but now correctly because the chassis alert pins are bare).
Now jump the pins with a NEW jumper cap (should ship with the board) and....huzzah!! immediate boot....at least that fixed mine.

It's still a bit worrying that this problem crops up on so many Asus boards though.

Associate
Top hit from google... bolded gives easiest solution, looks like once it i triggered you need to 'reset' the detection.

Originally Posted by bichi View Post
Did a quick Google and found this article about "loose/bent pin" chassis intrusion jumper:
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/windows/a...n-system-15608

If the jumper is not "loose" and verified it's over the correct pins: (see attached pic)
- unplug AC power
- CAREFULLY double-check intrusion jumper and pins for "tightness"
- check PCB mounting for odd shorts
- disconnect all USB devices, especially powered HUBs (in case of a "sneak-circuit" supplying +5sbvdc to intrusion circuit)
- clear BIOS with jumper (10sec)
- connect only keyboard and USB port if needed for flashdrive, else floppy
- reconnect AC power and pray

If all fails, guess its time to request replacement BIOS chip from ASUS Support?

Best of luck to you!

EDIT: just found more stuff using Google "ASUS intrusion" search term
http://www.digit-life.com/forum/0003/000387.html

clipped from above thread:
Dr Fat Chick - Junior Member
I had this problem with my brand new A7v333 and fixed it successfully:
If you look on the Asus web site you can find the fix tucked away in a faq - it suggests removing the existing jumper, rebooting (yes, you'll get the error but now correctly because the chassis alert pins are bare).
Now jump the pins with a NEW jumper cap (should ship with the board) and....huzzah!! immediate boot....at least that fixed mine.

It's still a bit worrying that this problem crops up on so many Asus boards though.

I have tried all the above, even booting the mobo out of the case, with nothing to short it out with.

I have just tried the last thing, and also made sure the jumpers were "tight" i didn't get any jumpers in the box, but i had some lying around, even with them no joy.

Thanks for trying to help, i've been stuck on this for 3 days now, and it's so so frustrating. i really don't know what else to do.
could there be any hardware conflits causing this? seems unlikely but nothing else to try, and i don't have the kit to try other hardware. It's fine when you reset the bios, but any and every re-boot or cold boot after that same thing again.

Associate
Haha - my reading comprehension is suffering. I thought you could boot normally after resetting the BIOS, and were up and running except for cold boots...

RMA now. I have never had a good experience with ASUS, ASROCK fine, but never ASUS mobos... startup, blown sound, melting USB ports... Good luck with yours.

Back
Top Bottom