Chav pickup - free fridge-freezer , wires cut to front panel.

Caporegime
Summary.
How do I bridge multiple wires without soldering iron.

Saw a free fridge yesterday on side of the road walking the dog. My fridge is freezing food on minimum now, despite changing thr seals.

So like a chav I parked up the Peugeot 207 (suitable for a chav) and in my tracky bottoms got the fridge freezer in the back hanging out.

So I have found the fridge does indeed work, but the front panel is off, and it's because the wires are cut,probably due to the hinge.

What's the best way to bridge all these little wires taking up thr minimum space? Not sure if wago connectors are too space consuming.

Last edited:
Does remind me when I saw someone getting a fridge freezer nicked out of their trailer whilst waiting at traffic lights. I think they thought they won the lottery, but the car driver was bemused as presumably it was being taken to the dump.

My old leaf blower got pinched. Hauled it out of the garage to take to the dump the next day. Left it in front of the garage. Overnight it was gone!

Poor buggers. Hope they didn't start it up as it was smoking when I turned it off! Heavily!

Get some cable connectors, but probably cost the same as buying a soldering iron and doing a proper job.
Yeah this was my first thought. Just not sure if there's space in the trunking area for them. The wago 1 gang connectors do look very small.
Mainly whether buying a soldering kit is worth it.

Will I need to do it in the future. Possibly.

Last edited:
4 hours according to Beko, Samsung and Currys ;)
(And that's only if it was on it's side - if it was the right way up, an hour is fine)

In a Peugeot 207..it was Definitely on its side!

How have you managed all that without owning a soldering iron :cry:
If I remember the microwave was just a diode that was screwed in that had split. So the power wasn't getting to the magnetron.

The speaker I didn't need solder either, but it was too long ago to remember.

When I changed the light in the bathroom I just used wago things. That was crazy. Needed a 6 gang as 5 wires in the old rose in one junction!

Back
Top Bottom