Cheap 2020 T-Slot Extrusion & some advice

Soldato
Hello chaps,
So, after a change in circumstances I was left in a bit of a pinch, ultimately I had to sell off my gadgets and half finished projects. Thanks to any of you who purchased anything from me!

Now, my fingers are getting terribly itchy without a project on the go. So, I've decided on building a case out of 2020 T-slot aluminium, only panels will be for mounting hardware or hiding cables.

I'm looking for super cheap, 2020 (or other) t-slot extrusion. I'll fabricate as many fittings as I can, but will need some of those too. I'll buy the most cost effective lengths and cut to size if that works out cheaper.

Planned dimensions are W: 300mm, H: 500mm, D: 450mm

Had anyone used this in the past for a case? Any advice? Any links to cheap suppliers?

Not desperate for top quality, don't much care about colour, black preferred though. If it's scratched or scratches easily who cares; it'll be in a cupboard!

Soldato
OP
Can't help with the extruded stock but following this thread and waiting for a project log :cool:

Haha. Well, I've found some extrusion in China, plus some other bits and pieces.

It'll be a slow burn as using my hands is painful, but I'll try to get cracking. I've meant to do a log for all of my projects, I take photos but never get round to actually posting them.

Maybe I'll break the habit with this one, who knows :D

Back
Top Bottom