Cheap and cheerful vacuum sealer wanted

Soldato
Hi All

I'm looking for a vacuum sealer for occasional use, mainly for bagging up bbq'd foods ready for freezing and reheating in a pan of water. I don't need anything too amazing though the ability to seal liquid might be useful I suppose for marinating etc.

There seems to be a huge range available at all sorts of price ranges, ideally I'd like to spend as little as possible really as it won't get used a huge amount so looking at something around the £50 mark really.

One I've seen which looks quite good is the Aicok vacuum sealer 3 in 1: here

Anyone have any thoughts on it, or any other suitable suggestions?

Soldato
OP
That nisbets one does look quite good but isn't suitable for liquids and is over budget sadly.

I'm not too bothered about the bag prices, I'll probably use rolls anyway which are reasonably priced and it's not going to used a huge amount.

I'm not wanting it for storing batch cooking, for that I have plenty of stacking containers which do the job nicely, I'm really just wanting it to bag up low and slow cooked bbq foods so I can freeze then thaw and heated through in a water bath on the day I need then.

Soldato
but isn't suitable for liquids
I had clocked the liquids bit, what does it actually mean ? - a lip to stop ingress into machine when vacuuming ?
I replied, as I was coincidentally 1/2 watching s'market uncovered last night,
as they were showing industrial vac packing/pre-cook for M&S, and leaving space around liquids for vapour/expansion .

Soldato
OP
Not too sure to be honest, I'm guessing that's probably the case, something to stop liquid ruining the machine, would be useful for some more moist bbq meats, but also very handy for marinating too.

I might take a punt on that Aicok and see if it's any good (the amusing sounding name almost makes it worth it anyway... lol), unless anyone can recommend anything better at the price point or there abouts?

Back
Top Bottom