Cheap Carlsberg at Tesco

Associate
its such a low % you would have to spend a good few hours and drink all 15 cans to feel the effects. Thus drinking it for drunkeness is a pretty strange concept to me lol.

Caporegime
its such a low % you would have to spend a good few hours and drink all 15 cans to feel the effects. Thus drinking it for drunkeness is a pretty strange concept to me lol.

Drinking for drunkeness is for children and chavs. I drink for the enjoyment of the drink. Drinking for drunkeness is most of the reason this country has gone to ****.

I would have bought this but I got the offer last week of 24 cans for a tenner. I stocked up then with 96 cans.

The beer snobbery on here always makes me sigh. There is not a drink in the world everyone will like yet everyone always feels the need to say Alcohol A taste's like arse. Rarely do they offer up what they drink instead and don't seem to be able to accept everyone likes a different taste.

I like it, so I drink it. I'm not 17 so I don't drink to get drunk.

Soldato
Have to say I'm more of a cider man, but I dabble with the odd beer. Might get in some of these to put in the fridge for when mates come over.

Personally I prefer a good Kopparberg, I used to enjoy Strongbow but can't stomach it as much anymore, and have enjoyed tasting various different ciders at local pubs recently; my local actually stocks 5/6 different bottled ciders which makes a nice change; Hestons, St Helier, Kopparberg (various), Brothers etc.

Soldato
Drinking for drunkeness is for children and chavs. I drink for the enjoyment of the drink. Drinking for drunkeness is most of the reason this country has gone to ****.

I would have bought this but I got the offer last week of 24 cans for a tenner. I stocked up then with 96 cans.

The beer snobbery on here always makes me sigh. There is not a drink in the world everyone will like yet everyone always feels the need to say Alcohol A taste's like arse. Rarely do they offer up what they drink instead and don't seem to be able to accept everyone likes a different taste.

I like it, so I drink it. I'm not 17 so I don't drink to get drunk.

Generalisation overload. I wholeheartedly agree, being inebriated is the reason this country has gone to "****". :rolleyes:

You're one to talk about beer snobbery! You obviously hold a very low opinion of those that drink for the effects rather than the taste and, for some reason, think it's leading to this country's downfall; that, to me, is snobbery at its finest. Bravo.

I really hope your comments were sarcastic.

Last edited:
Soldato
main.php

Couple of years ago now :p

Soldato
We all know the cheapest way to get really drunk is

4 x Super Skol - £3
2 litres of Strong Cider - £3
700ml Glens Vodka - £6

= Turbo Super Snakebite

Thats the easiest way to look like a ***** at the checkout and drink disgusting booze.
It aint a bad offer 15 for £6, i don't tend to drink carlsberg but i might buy some just for when the lads come round to play darts. Get my 10% discount, £5.40 a crate, nice.

Soldato
Room temperature is how ales are meant to be served from what I've read/heard.

Room temperature before central heating became the norm - I'd stick it in the freezer for 5 minutes just to take the edge off it.

A Pale ale I'd go longer, lighter ales in general can stand being cooler while dark ales should really be warmer to bring out the flavour.

Permabanned
My 4 cases turned up with all my other shopping tonight, so thanks Ben you can be useful after all. :D

I forgot how good Tesco is for delivery/price on stuff like tea, lemonade, water, cat food/litter etc. Think I'll start getting everything like that from there again and my fresh stuff like meat still from the local shops. I find when I go to our local (largish) Sainsburys I end up buying too much and wasting a lot and Slough Tesco is just a nightmare to visit in person.

Soldato
I brought 4 x 18bottles of stella from tesco £24 :)

Oh your going to have a bad head :p

Regarding cheap beer. Im sure I saw the 2 for £16 offer again at Asda or Tesco. One of the deals included 15 Bottles of Bud which isn't too bad. Shame that it gives me head ache though.

I'l stick to the Becks and Strongbow Ive got on chill :p

Soldato
We all know the cheapest way to get really drunk is

4 x Super Skol - £3
2 litres of Strong Cider - £3
700ml Glens Vodka - £6

= Turbo Super Snakebite

Comeon, that's far too expensive. Skol (and more recently Hollandia) used to be 90p in ASDA. That coupled with 7.5% cider for £2.50 and blackcurrent = drunk for pretty much nothing.

Back
Top Bottom