Cheap HDMI cables just as good?? Rubbish

Soldato
Yes Fyi, they are, Digital signal offers no degradation, it's either on, or not, Various places have compared this, i remember a few from when Monster cables became the latest Fad regarding cables, most places found a £2 cable performed the same as a 40 quid monster lead :)

Not strictly true but a valid point none the less. Digital sends it's 1/0's as +5v for a 1 and 0v for a 0 and both voltages have small tolerances. If you get an unshielded cable with a Massive amount of EM interference it can induce "extra" voltage which can take your +5v/0v outside their tolerance and induce errors. However the amount of EM required means that 99% of cables will never be near a source of EM that powerful and therefore work exactly the same as the expensive cables. For example I work on Digital cables which have to be shielded as they're cm's away from a Radar.

Man of Honour
Not strictly true but a valid point none the less. Digital sends it's 1/0's as +5v for a 1 and 0v for a 0 and both voltages have small tolerances. If you get an unshielded cable with a Massive amount of EM interference it can induce "extra" voltage which can take your +5v/0v outside their tolerance and induce errors. However the amount of EM required means that 99% of cables will never be near a source of EM that powerful and therefore work exactly the same as the expensive cables. For example I work on Digital cables which have to be shielded as they're cm's away from a Radar.

Except HDMI cables carry an analogue signal. It's not a "square" digital waveform.

Soldato
There is noise when I'm really close to the 50" Viera downstairs, and I'm certain it's from the bargain basement 10m HDMI cable it's got going to the AV amp.

Back
Top Bottom