Cheap Light Windows Laptop -Anyone have MS Surface Go?

Soldato
Looking for a light laptop. Any suggestions.

This will not be my main laptop. Just something lightweight to have in a bag in case I need a laptop for something. Either on holidays, travelling, or out for the day, or even at work. Since I don't want to use the Work machines for non work stuff.
Something along the lines of a Surface go2 or XPS13. Has to be Windows due to some software I need. I used to have a 11" Lenovo Cloud/net book, few years back. but it became too slow to be usable. We have a ChromeBook 2 in 1. But it won't work with my software or external disk encryption. I have an old 14" but its heavy. I also have 13" laptop that the kids use, but its battery is shot.

Thinking of a used non-touch screen (lighter and cheaper better battery life) XPS 13 or Maybe even MS Surface Go2. Any thoughts.

Soldato
I have both. I use the Surface Go2 if I'm flying anywhere or just away for a night ot two as it drops into a slot in my camera bag. It's okay but hampered by a very small SSD, maximum of 8GB RAM and, obviously, it's not very fast. The XPS 13 is much better - even my 9360 from 2017 has 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. I've retired my XPS in favour of a 14" Lenovo Ideapad so putting something in the Wanted section might get you a decent result.

Back
Top Bottom