Cheap, new 370Z

Associate
Hi

I have the opportunity to purchase a new 370Z, manual, GT Edition for around £30k, delivery mileage only. They are normally £35k RRP which is obviously a huge saving.

Can anyone clarify why the dealer may be offering this car at such a discount? My thoughts as follows

1) People don't tend to buy RWD sports cars at the onset of winter. The dealer / Nissan needs a sales boost?

2) It's a cancelled order? However the dealer does have others on his books but in different colours and auto transmission so not my preference.

3) They were manufactured by Nissan at the start of year, they're now trying to shift them??

Anyone have any theories? I'd like to know your thoughts before I start talking to the dealer again.

I've seen a few similar deals cropping up lately too but they were not local to me so it seems this isn't too much of a one off deal, would just like to know possible reasons for selling at a discount, anything to be wary of etc...

Thanks for your time.

Soldato
Any reason for buying new out of interest? 350/370z are usually well looked after by the majority... could pick up a low mileage one for 50% of that price and it would still look new...

Associate
OP
I'm pretty certain after a phone call I've just had I could drive the deal down to £29k. The dealer wants to see me in person for a discussion but he ".. is sure we can work something out on the price" That would be for a brand new car registered in my name, 3 years full warranty and as it's new I'll have the peace of mind of knowing it hasn't been abused.

£29k seems very good, even compared to used examples of sub 5k miles which although they're low mileage, the warranty clock has been ticking for 1 year+.

I'm interested in new, or nearly new, for the warranty / assurance of not being abused.

Jult been dealt a blow to the balls though.... My current insurer (LV) won't insure me on it. I'm apprantly too young for it according to their system. I clarified that I am however 29 with 9 years NCD, clean licence and IAM. Their computer still said no, I need to be 30 apparantly.

Looks like I'll have to cancel (if I buy the car of course) and start a new policy and lose 6 months of NCD on my current one.

Caporegime
Jult been dealt a blow to the balls though.... My current insurer (LV) won't insure me on it. I'm apprantly too young for it according to their system. I clarified that I am however 29 with 9 years NCD, clean licence and IAM. Their computer still said no, I need to be 30 apparantly.

Looks like I'll have to cancel (if I buy the car of course) and start a new policy and lose 6 months of NCD on my current one.

OH NO WHAT A DISASTER

drama queen :p

Back
Top Bottom