Cheap road bike for triathlon

Soldato
From my quick research am I right in saying that the bt'win triban 100 is the best you can get for the price. It comes in at 11.3kg minus pedals.

What do you think?

Soldato
If you're insistent on spending no more than that on something new, have a look at the Carrera zelos too

The extra ton for a Triban 500 looks well spent though

Soldato
Agree that the Carrera Zelos or Virtuoso are probably the way to go for that - as long as you happen to need a 51 or 54cm frame. Triban is a nice casual bike for all road riding but it's not built for speed, A modern compact groupset will make a huge difference for training and for finding a gear you can get the most out of in any given situation.

Soldato
OP
Agree that the Carrera Zelos or Virtuoso are probably the way to go for that - as long as you happen to need a 51 or 54cm frame. Triban is a nice casual bike for all road riding but it's not built for speed, A modern compact groupset will make a huge difference for training and for finding a gear you can get the most out of in any given situation.

Regarding frame size, afaics, a 59cm frame would be right for me. But that may be road bike sizes only, not sure if same applies to hybrid or tri bikes. It's all a learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom