Cheap Samsung B-die? Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000C15

Associate
According to the below list, Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000C15 is b-die. 2x8 can be found for £133. Is there a good chance that this stuff will clock to 3400 with decent timings or is it accurately binned?

Anyone have experience of clocking this or know of any links where people have tried?

This would be a much cheaper way to get b-die instead of the £188+ Dark Pro and FlareX kits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/

Associate
OP
Appreciate the input. Are you inferring that based on experience with these DIMMs / lower binned b-die or is it just a guess? Do you know of any links where people have tried clocking these or lower binned b-die in general?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Nevermind I found the answer. The above list is now out of date. The newer version of the DIMMs no longer use b-die.

Here's a review from Amazon:

NOT Samsung b-die. This listing is for version 5.xx. Timings are 15-17-18-35, manufacturer is SK Hynix and these were binned as m-die. This is NOT 15-15-15-34, like the version 4.xx. And they deceptively listed “Corsair” under manufacturer code, I had to do a ridiculous amount of work to figure out why I couldn’t get tighter timings to POST when the model number is listed under my mobo’s manufacturer QVL list as Samsung b-die. Apparently they kept the same model number and CAS latency as the old version 4 (which was Samsung b-die with 15-15-15-34 timings) but they used different a different die entirely for the version 5.xx, Hynix. And they did this without changing the model number. This should be illegal, it’s intentionally deceptive. I returned these DIMMs for a full refund and ordered Team Group’s Dark Pro 3200mhz with 14-14-14-31 timings, which actually is Samsung b-die, and overclocks (or uses the same clock speed with much tighter timings) exponentially better.

Permabanned
You will find it very hard to get budget price with Samsung Bdies because its in demand.

As always I would recommend saving a few extra ££'s and just getting the team stuff it's fast out of the box and overclocks.
Its not that much more ever

Back
Top Bottom