Cheapest courier with upto £400 cover

Soldato
Hi

I am looking to post a GPU and need it covered for upto £400. Normally I use Parcel2Go but for this cover it is around £20. I was wondering if there was a better value option .

What do you guys use when shipping computer bits?

Thanks.

Pet Northerner
Don
Royal Mail special delivery might be a shot since it’s under 500. You can book it online so you can check the price without leaving the house and for a small fee have the postie collect it

Can't type for toffee
Don
Thanks guys. Good to know. After all this it seems I sold it locally and someone will pick up on their exercise walk.

Careful mate, if it was eBay and a big ticket item you'll have no "proof" that it was ever delivered.
Same with gumtree, don't let someone pick up after paying via paypal - cash only (For Large amount of money - I'd normally meet them outside a bank and have them withdraw the money)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice. It wasn't sold on fleabay but on a forum not dissimilar to the MM on here . He has good feedback so not worried. Besides payment will be either cash on pickup , BT or PPG which as far as I know are not reversible.

Can't type for toffee
Don
PPG - Can just claim its not an authorised transaction
You also have the possibility of a chargeback, or a VISA claim.

BT - Pretty sure there could be come backs on this as well

Play it safe mate, cash on collection or meetup at/outside a bank

Soldato
Ebay actually have a system in place for this now, when collecting, the buyer has to give the seller a 6 digit code or a qr code to scan, which then confirms the collection.

Back
Top Bottom