Cheapest Insurance for newly passed drivers

Associate
Anyone know some fairly good priced companys for recently passed people :)?
and also who was your first insurer?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Guv

Guv

Soldato
I expect this will vary for everyone - you really need to get loads of quotes from different companies to find the best for you.

My first 2 years were with Norwich Union Direct - they've been a lot more expensive than my other insurers for the past few years though.

Soldato
Bell are awesome, especially for fast cars.

I could get insured (at 18 0 NCB) on a Cooper S, a BMW 328i or an Audi A3 Turbo quattro sport for under £2k. Not that I have that sort of money though :D All those cars do 0-60 in just about exactly 7 seconds which is **** quick for a young driver.

Basically they are great for insuring younger drivers on fast cars. Not so sure what they're like for slower vehicles.

Soldato
Tommy B said:
Bell are awesome, especially for fast cars.

I could get insured (at 18 0 NCB) on a Cooper S, a BMW 328i or an Audi A3 Turbo quattro sport for under £2k. Not that I have that sort of money though :D All those cars do 0-60 in just about exactly 7 seconds which is **** quick for a young driver.

Basically they are great for insuring younger drivers on fast cars. Not so sure what they're like for slower vehicles.

That's incredibly cheap, as main driver?

Soldato
If your a younger driver and have a smaller car and go to Uni try Endsleigh, they are part owned by the Student Union so you get a discount :)

Soldato
Sukh said:
If your a younger driver and have a smaller car and go to Uni try Endsleigh, they are part owned by the Student Union so you get a discount :)

Aye, that's why I can get like £1k off compared to other companies. Also NU can be good with students, just for me not quite as good as Endsleigh...about £200-£300 more these days.

InvG

Associate
I'm with MoreThan and they are cheap - they offered an "introductory NCB equivalent" too - but the service isn't great (failing to add my parents as named drivers etc) I really hope I never have to claim through the Indian call centre. Their liverpool call centre was helpful enough.

Quinn Direct did a good price for my 18 year old brothers first car this year. Also when testing out quotes it looked like different cars with the same size engine would be priced the same.

Associate
OP
well i am taking over my bros car which is a 1.4 3DR MG ZR cause i got it on the cheap, works fine ect.. no mods except for factory fitted spoiler ect..

When i try to insure it with Quinn the price is 1995 Pound where as if i done exactly the same and put a 1.4 Fiesta it was only 1100?

strange seeing as both cars are the same engine.

it gonna work out more than i payed for the car. :mad:

Soldato
Lalumi said:
well i am taking over my bros car which is a 1.4 3DR MG ZR cause i got it on the cheap, works fine ect.. no mods except for factory fitted spoiler ect..

When i try to insure it with Quinn the price is 1995 Pound where as if i done exactly the same and put a 1.4 Fiesta it was only 1100?

strange seeing as both cars are the same engine.
That's the same engine capacity, not necessarily the same engine. The 1.4 K-Series in the Rover has 103hp, whereas the 1.4 CVH in the Fiesta has 75!

Soldato
zain said:
That's incredibly cheap, as main driver?

With my parents as second and third drivers, yes. My dad is a GP, that might knock a fair bit off but I'm not sure.

It's also on a Pass Plus license, and my occupation is set to Uni - Living Away. The catch is I'm not allowed to take it to uni with me, so I'd only be able to drive it about 20 weeks a year.

Soldato
Ive been getting quotes from all these mentioned in this thread and they all come out at £1300 TPTT for me. Its like there all the same company or something. The only one thats cheaper for me is Quinn Direct, their quotes comes out at £780 which is a lot better than all the rest.

Some how i was getting quotes of £680 a few months back, but now £780 is the cheapest no matter what i try.

Soldato
Tommy B said:
With my parents as second and third drivers, yes. My dad is a GP, that might knock a fair bit off but I'm not sure.

It's also on a Pass Plus license, and my occupation is set to Uni - Living Away. The catch is I'm not allowed to take it to uni with me, so I'd only be able to drive it about 20 weeks a year.

Thought it was too good to be true :p

Back
Top Bottom