Cheapest place to get a HPI check?

Man of Honour
Bit late but I use a text check service; text CHECK THEREG to 88600 and they send you 3 texts each costing 50p with the HPI check. So £1.50 overall.

Permabanned
I just used RAC, but if I had to choose again, I'd do it on the phone (£19.99) rather than online (£14.99) as you get 7 days free insurance with the latter.

that doesnt make sense, don't you mean the former?

Unless you do not want the extra value for the insurance, if you need it at all that is.

Soldato
Never skimp on a HPI check....! ever ever ever ever ever and make sure the indemnity cover is sufficient if it ever does go to crap. Also, avoid any HPI check places that are scottish based as they have some different law's which provide them with loopholes if i recall which is what made matters difficult in my case. Another massively important thing is putting in the VIN number, not just the registration plate number as you will not be covered without both.

Ended up in a right mess over a car about 4 years ago now. Having read about it for weeks and weeks thereafter, and i'm a lot more clued up now :)

Sorry to yap on :p

Man of Honour
OP
Never skimp on a HPI check....! ever ever ever ever ever and make sure the indemnity cover is sufficient if it ever does go to crap. Also, avoid any HPI check places that are scottish based as they have some different law's which provide them with loopholes if i recall which is what made matters difficult in my case. Another massively important thing is putting in the VIN number, not just the registration plate number as you will not be covered without both.

Ended up in a right mess over a car about 4 years ago now. Having read about it for weeks and weeks thereafter, and i'm a lot more clued up now :)

Sorry to yap on :p

Noted. Hopefully I'll have 3G signal to add the VIN to the check.

Back
Top Bottom