Check my home network plan for mistakes

Soldato
It's foil wrapped. That foil is supposed to be grounded at both ends which requires different faceplates/patch panels/RJ45s.

No idea why Screwfix have started stocking mostly F/UTP cable (and cable only).

For what you're doing Cat6 UTP would make the most sense.

Soldato
OP
Ahh well. Hopefully this will work out for what I need. Will go all out and with more planning when I do it in a future place for myself.

First batch of cables run through the ceilings and some down channels in the walls before getting plaster boarded in. The lounge ones at the front and back of the house should hide away nicely behind the coving when all finished where they transition from the ceiling to the wall

The Connectix boxes arrived and look really good, very low profile.

Will have a go to adding plugs to all the cupboard wire ends this weekend and just plug them straight into a switch for the time being.

200m of cabling already used up, will probably need another 100m reel to finish it up.

https://imgur.com/a/E0OuKwe

Soldato
Search for Alfa 8 ports Passive Gigabit PoE Injector APOE08G - it’s a £30 PoE injector block that puts out 24-48V on up to 8 ports. If you buy a managed switch that would get around any requirement for a pricey PoE switch at this point.

I use these a lot on add-on camera installs where the customer wants to use their own switches (because they have old 10/100 switches lying about) and they’re generally not PoE so these injector panels let you light up a whole sites’ worth of cameras for £30 - £100.

Soldato
OP
Search for Alfa 8 ports Passive Gigabit PoE Injector APOE08G - it’s a £30 PoE injector block that puts out 24-48V on up to 8 ports. If you buy a managed switch that would get around any requirement for a pricey PoE switch at this point.

I use these a lot on add-on camera installs where the customer wants to use their own switches (because they have old 10/100 switches lying about) and they’re generally not PoE so these injector panels let you light up a whole sites’ worth of cameras for £30 - £100.

Thanks, will check that out.

Are you labelling both ends of the cables as they go in?

You can sort them out by trial and error but that’s just making life hard for yourself.

I did ask them to. I believe each batch to each location is labelled in the cupboard, just not each individual wire.

Back
Top Bottom