Check your tyre pressures

Soldato
I've got into the habit of checking pressures every two weeks. Ever since I had to replace two "good" tyres because I'd run them under-inflated, I'm a lot ore careful now.
I've got one tyre that loses approx. 5% pressure each week but unfortunately nobody seems able to find the puncture.
Three of my tyres are at 31-32 when I check each fortnight, whereas this one is always at 27-28.
No biggie, but I'd like to get in a situation where I can forget to check and not worry about one under-inflated tyre.

Nothing i hate more than slow leaks, i have one tyre looses around 5psi a week.

Caporegime
Hahahaha, I bet you paid for it as well didn't you. :D

It's supposed to really help, both for heat fluctuations and gradual leaks - at least it does on mine.

And no, I didn't "pay" for it, the company I used do it as standard and they were the cheapest for my tyres.:p

Caporegime
I've got into the habit of checking pressures every two weeks. Ever since I had to replace two "good" tyres because I'd run them under-inflated, I'm a lot ore careful now.
I've got one tyre that loses approx. 5% pressure each week but unfortunately nobody seems able to find the puncture.
Three of my tyres are at 31-32 when I check each fortnight, whereas this one is always at 27-28.
No biggie, but I'd like to get in a situation where I can forget to check and not worry about one under-inflated tyre.

Definitely not a valve stem?

Soldato
My last car had only the warning, but the new one displays the psi/bar so that's nice! I can see my rear nearside tyre is at 38 and the rest 39 so I'll have to give that one a few swift pumps :p

Soldato
Never had a TPMS system that worked as it should.

Last car with it consistently reported FR was low despite pressure being absolutely fine. Changed the sensor and still reported the same. Had the car's software re-installed, still the same.

Which car was this?

Touch wood its been reliable on my F56 Mini.

Soldato
My last car had only the warning, but the new one displays the psi/bar so that's nice! I can see my rear nearside tyre is at 38 and the rest 39 so I'll have to give that one a few swift pumps :p

Haha. Though remember a couple PSI out vs other tyres could be down to many factors. Temps, loading etc. I wouldn't bother personally unless consistently over 2 PSI out.

Soldato
Haha. Though remember a couple PSI out vs other tyres could be down to many factors. Temps, loading etc. I wouldn't bother personally unless consistently over 2 PSI out.

I know it seems pointless doing mine when I’m talking about such small amounts such as 0.5 to 1 PSI but I’ve got to check them anyway and might as well pump them up to correct amounts whilst I’m at it. Only takes 10 minutes of my time every two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom