Chernobyl miniseries - coming to Sky and HBO in May 2019

Caporegime
This looks like one to watch out for. 5 episodes kicking off 6th May.

Wikipedia:

'Chernobyl dramatizes the true story of one of the worst man-made catastrophes in history and tells of the brave men and women who sacrificed to save Europe from unimaginable disaster. The miniseries focuses on the heartbreaking scope of the nuclear plant disaster that occurred in Ukraine in April 1986, revealing how and why it happened and telling the shocking, remarkable stories of the heroes who fought and fell.'

Undoubtedly highly disturbing, but some quality cast members.

Man of Honour
It looks great. It is a story that has always captivated me and some of the more recent stories to emerge that were covered up have been fascinating.

Soldato
Will look to watch this as well.

As horrifying as the event was, the subject is undoubtedly very interesting, and i've seen numerous documentaries over the years on what happened, and the attempt to make it as safe as possible.

Soldato
Also very much interested in this. I was 11 when it happened but I recall watching the news for days with interest as it was my first introduction to how dangerous a poorly designed power station could be.

Associate
Mini series, big budget, amazing cinematography, fascinating subject, HBO, Jarred Harris

Im not sure how this could be anything other than amazing. This is the HBO show I care about, GOT can get in the bin.

Associate
I've seen this pop up on my YouTube feed over the past few weeks and looking at the thumbnail just assumed it was some shlock horror el-cheapo thing.
Actually looks really good and never realised it was an NBO mini series.

Sure Ol' Maester Luwin will have everything under control. :D

Back
Top Bottom