1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cherry MX green KBD with back light

Discussion in 'Gaming Peripherals' started by LordAzathoth, Jan 10, 2017.

1. LordAzathoth

Gangster

Hello all

I have decided to treat myself with a good mechanical keyboard. So I got myself a Cherry Mx sampler with black, red, blue, green, brown and Raptor

I like the bump very much, I think I like the green best....and this is bad news...I wanted a kbd with back light...

the blue might be alright, and probably the clear as well (will I miss the sound, no idea) but i like the actuation on the green.

Would you have any advice, suggestions, experience,

I might go for 10keyless, backlight is a must, maybe the media keys (when you press FN)

thanks all

2. Falkentyne

Gangster

The Ducky shine fire 69 has mx greens on the letters and alphas and blues on the mods and the other mx switches on the other keys. You can try to look for someone who is offloading that board. I love typing on that board. And the MX greens feel changes -drastically- whether you are using ABS or PBT doubleshot keycaps.

3. LordAzathoth

Gangster

Hi I have found one for £90 and we'll, I bought it .
    So thanks a lot. I can't wait.

4. Ryan-3

Sgarrista

Only keyboard I know is easily available with these key switches is the Code keyboard. Quite a bit more expensive, but are very solid with very good backlighting.

5. LordAzathoth

Gangster

Hello,
    I have received it and what a joy! thanks for your help. :)

6. Mei

Mobster

greens are the heavier ones right?
    do they have the sound or just a bump?
    just wondering, i have one keyboard with brown one with clears right now, typing on clears feels so weird >.<

7. LordAzathoth

Gangster

yes it is tactile there is a bump, and it is clicky, like the blue but they are stiffier (80cN vs 50cN)

8. Falkentyne

Gangster

Where did you find it? That's a good price for that board. After some breaking in, all of my MX Green switches sound perfectly consistent on it and very clicky (a few needed some extra work done at first though).

9. LordAzathoth

Gangster

Hi. Am I allowed to state other businesses in this forum

10. mattpj

Hitman

No competitors is the rule. Online or on the high street.

11. Falkentyne

Gangster

I believe he's allowed to post who he bought the keyboard from. It's not like he's trying to sell it. These keyboards are not available from ocuk or any other reseller anyway. They were a limited run of 2000 units, much like ducky's Year of the xxx series. They were just available for a longer period of time than runs like the YOTG, since some people didn't like Ducky's first attempt at a Saturday Night Fever Disco keyboard, and the novelty switches (it was a successor to the Ducky shine 78). But for those who had never used MX blues or greens before, it was a no brainer purchase.

I already have this keyboard anyway. Got it from mk.com the first day it came out.

12. LordAzathoth

Gangster

Well, I bought it from kustompcs.co.uk, it was on sale.

13. Falkentyne

Gangster

Was it new? I guess there is still random stock sitting around scattered places.

14. LordAzathoth

Gangster

Yes brand new.