Chest exercises.

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I tend to do exercise at home, not a lot, just a few weights, press ups and sit ups. Cheaper than going to the gym! I'm by no mean huge but would like to bulk up my upper chest. Im aware you cannot focus predominatly on one area of the body at one time as muscle groups are linked. So i assume arms and neck muscles would be involved. I can feel large muscle in my lower chest but feel and see a definate lack of it in *** upper regions!

Its just below my collar bone and the inner chest which give the pectoral definition that im after. im aware you cant get bigger without putting on weight etc etc so spare me the lectures :p

I was curious as to if anyone had an exercises they'd recommend? Different grips on pressup stands? raised feet? things like that would be helpful.

Thanks

Benny C

Soldato
OP
brocksta said:
Off the top of my head, i think the only decent way of targeting your upper chest is by doing incline bench press/DB flyes/DB presses. Do you have a bench at all?

unfortunatley not, I can improvise though! lol what do you mean by DB? im new to the technical terms exercise related! Sorry!

Soldato
When doing pressups bring your hands close together so they are almost central to your body, will work the chest muscles differently and are much harder.

Soldato
OP
The_One said:
When doing pressups bring your hands close together so they are almost central to your body, will work the chest muscles differently and are much harder.

ahh will put those on my list thanks! :)

Soldato
Think of pressups like bench pressing. If you elevate the feet then you have an incline bench press and this will target the upper chest and it does a very good job too ;)
The_One said:
This is basically a close-grip bench press and will target the triceps very hard, great exercise also. You should make a triangle shape with your thumbs and fore finger when doing this to have your elbows at a nice safe angle.

Soldato
OP
thanks for all the help guys! on the long wait till uni now so im unbelievably bored and considering buying a bench to help aid the exercise. Ideally I dont want to spend more than £50. It doesnt need to have any fancy bars for holding weights, just one flat surfice to lye on so i can become a bit more adventurous with dumbells!

Anyone got any recommendations? Or places to try/good brands?

Thanks

Benny C

Associate
If you are looking to buy a bench then I can recommend this place

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk

Be careful on what you buy though, you need to ensure that what you buy can take the weight of yourself and what you are lifting. Also if it does have any attachments on it then make sure its compatible with your existing weight disks (or you will end up buying whole new sets of disks). You will either have Olympic which are 2" (iirc) diameter bar type or standard which are 1" diameter.

This may well do the trick

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk...id=Bodymax_CF302_Flat_Bench_with_Dumbell_Rack

But call them to ask the weight it can take.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
WhyohWhy said:
If you are looking to buy a bench then I can recommend this place

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk

Be careful on what you buy though, you need to ensure that what you buy can take the weight of yourself and what you are lifting. Also if it does have any attachments on it then make sure its compatible with your existing weight disks (or you will end up buying whole new sets of disks). You will either have Olympic which are 2" (iirc) diameter bar type or standard which are 1" diameter.

This may well do the trick

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk...id=Bodymax_CF302_Flat_Bench_with_Dumbell_Rack

But call them to ask the weight it can take.

Thanks very much :) It'l only have me on It and I weigh just over 12 stone so just under 80 kilos give or take? and I dont think it'l ever have more than another 40 kilos ontop of that on it. Looks like just what i need! Thanks :)

Permabanned
Tbh even if you do want to build your chest you might later want to build even more areas. Your no doubt best going to the gym even if you are on a budget as the gym's have a lot of equipment, thousands of pounds worth so it's worth the price each month if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom