China bans hip hop culture

Soldato
Absolutely do not use actors who are tasteless, vulgar and obscene
Absolutely do not use actors whose ideological level is low and have no class
Absolutely do not use actors with stains, scandals and problematic moral integrity

These are impossibly high standards for todays entertainers and celebrities.

Soldato
Not sure how the chinese government is going to enforce this on a wised up young chinese who a vast majority have their own VPN's and networks. They can ban it from TV but all that does it push the culture underground and carry on as normal

Soldato
How do you ban a culture?

I do think we should use some of those rules for our own media though. It would probably purge half of the celebrities :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Banning what is these days a mysoginistic, homphobic music culture that glorifies criminal behaviour, gangs, drugs and money?

Sounds sensible to me although I'd ban it just because so much of the music is utter tripe. The last time I liked any of it was the era of Public Enemy.

</oldgit>

Associate
OP
Hip hop culture is a cancer on Western civilization. The Chinese are watching closely and are biding their time for the inevitable collapse.

Also, pull your damned pants up properly.

Soldato
Not sure how the chinese government is going to enforce this on a wised up young chinese who a vast majority have their own VPN's and networks. They can ban it from TV but all that does it push the culture underground and carry on as normal

What are you trying to say.

They have full power over mainstream channels and have decided that they won't be giving airtime to things they don't want to promote.

You're suggesting they don't have power over things they said nothing about?

Absolutely entertainers and actors who are "tasteless, vulgar, obscene, have no class or with scandals and problematic moral integrity" will carry on but they will feel a hit when blocked from mainstream channels and it's very deliberate to reduce their exposure.

Back
Top Bottom