Chinese (Communist) infiltration of the UK

Caporegime
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tration-UK-firms-Chinese-Communist-Party.html

An extraordinary leaked database of 1.95 million registered party members reveals how Beijing's malign influence now stretches into almost every corner of British life, including defence firms, banks and pharmaceutical giants.

Most alarmingly, some of its members – who swear a solemn oath to 'guard Party secrets, be loyal to the Party, work hard, fight for communism throughout my life...and never betray the Party' – are understood to have secured jobs in British consulates.

Perhaps this is why the world is turning all authoritarian/totalitarian in response to COVID that was released by errm China?

Meanwhile the corporate/social media many of whom have business interests in China want you to poop your pants over Russia and are acting like a Communist Dictator with their ever increasing censorship and cancel culture.

Last edited:
Soldato
Perhaps we should have let 100s of thousands of our old and vulnerable die from the virus instead, that would really show those evil Chinese who's boss!

Caporegime
China infiltrates everyone i's been known for years, the west ignores it

bet there's loads of Chinese scientists and engineers with jobs in western companies or at western unis playing with quantum computers, fusion etc

our "leaders" seem to get infiltrated very easily as well.

you'd think since the 5g thing with china countries like ours would re-evaluate the sensitive projects foreign nationals are allowed to be involved with.

Associate
Virus comments aside, are the Chinese infiltration claims BS?

Interesting that you try to side-step the virus claims, because you KNOW those to be BS, so you intentionally try to avoid it and only focus on half of the comment.

Care to explain why you choose to ignore the part of the comment(s) ?

Could it be because you know full well you cannot defend them in any way, so rather than admit it's wrong, you just sweep it under the rug and try to move on the 2nd part of the comment.

It is exactly this kind of dishonest discussion(s) that are the problem in this country. People that would rather just "ignore" the bit they cannot deal with like it never happened.

So utterly dishonest of you.

Associate
China is objectively bad, regardless of the virus. It has far too much influence over the west.

The US has influence all over the world... Surely that makes them AT LEAST a "objectively bad" as China, if your metric for measurement is relying purely on their global influence.

Soldato
It's not surprising that same posters who hold very Left/Progressive views will also dismiss "China is bad" comments either without thought or via "well X is also bad", despite China having a horrific history against those same Progressive views held dear by so many in here.

Soldato
Wasn't there a story not long ago of some Chinese student disappearing after being involved in highly sensitive Quantum computing research at Oxford?

I think it's a bit naive to think the CCP won't be trying to snaffle technologies from other countries. Given that universities have a good number of actual self-declared Communists in their ranks I'm not surprised it's being handed over on a silver platter.

Associate
I already addressed that in a previous post, hardly ignored. You just seem to ignore ALL the comments and go straight for personal insults on people.

Again ignoring the truth and not responding to my comments in honest discussion.

You didn't address it at all in a previous post, as I had not asked the question of you then. Stop trying to spin your way out of this by saying "I already answered the question you hadn't asked yet before you asked it" It's infantile and moronic.

I will put it to you again, DIRECTLY....

Interesting that you try to side-step the virus claims, because you KNOW those to be BS, so you intentionally try to avoid it and only focus on half of the comment.

Care to explain why you choose to ignore the part of the comment(s) ?

Could it be because you know full well you cannot defend them in any way, so rather than admit it's wrong, you just sweep it under the rug and try to move on the 2nd part of the comment.

It is exactly this kind of dishonest discussion(s) that are the problem in this country. People that would rather just "ignore" the bit they cannot deal with like it never happened.

So utterly dishonest of you.

So.. are you going to grow a pair and explain why you skipped over half my post in the first place?

Selective reading perhaps?

Associate
It's not surprising that same posters who hold very Left/Progressive views will also dismiss "China is bad" comments either without thought or via "well X is also bad", despite China having a horrific history against those same Progressive views held dear by so many in here.

It's not surprising the same people who cannot actually vocalize their issues with foreign powers, people and immigration are the same ones screaming "China Bad" without actually providing evidence to back-up their claims.

It's as moronic as the "EU BAD" mantra that Brexiteers continue to spew daily, even after every one of their "reasons for leaving" has been disproven time and time again.

Soldato
So.. are you going to grow a pair and explain why you skipped over half my post in the first place?

Jeez. I've seen your drivel in SC but this is madness.

I've already called out the virus comments in this thread no need to do it again, I never tred to defend those comments so stop trying to find an argument were none exists. You seem unwilling to discuss the Chinese infiltration story though, instead resorting to misdirection and trickery for some reason.

"China Bad" without actually providing evidence to back-up their claims.

Oh my..

Back
Top Bottom