**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
OP
Er, pretty sure the new international versions of the Xiaomi Note 4 support volte (and band 20). No idea about other brands but I expect there'll be support trickling through for some new models.

Just checked and my note 4 has volte enabled under network settings and 4g works no problem in my 3 sim.

Last edited:
Soldato
Er, pretty sure the new international versions of the Xiaomi Note 4 support volte (and band 20). No idea about other brands but I expect there'll be support trickling through for some new models.

Just checked and my note 4 has volte enabled under network settings and 4g works no problem in my 3 sim.

I just ordered one of those, I am hoping to unlock bootloader and flash LOS or RR.

I had to give my mother my spare device (note 3 pro) as the battery died in her xperia z2.

I'm still rocking the Mi Max as my main device (but kinda wished it had an AMOLED screen...)

Mobster
Soldato
What about WiFi Calling?

It's still the case most of the time that the network has to carry the phone for them to make any effort to make VoLTE actually work. VoLTE on EE is doable as has been proved by OnePlus on the OP3/3T but Three don't allow any device they don't sell and normally they must be running Three firmware.

O2 just started offering VoLTE but I suspect again they will limit it to devices they carry.

WiFi Calling is very unlikely - except iPhones I don't think any device on Three supports it that didn't come directly from them.

maj

maj

Soldato
I got a text yesterday from EE saying Wifi calling was now setup on my phone with a link to visit but haven't looked yet. It might just be a generic text and my phone isn't compatible.

Soldato
I have a Mi5 and even though I have the VoLTE option, 4G calling has never worked. What ROM are you on, I'm currently on 7.3.30

Thanks, I might try downgrading to that version, although strange that the betas don't have it.
Have you tried 8.1.4.0 global?

From what I understand, 7.3.30 follows the numbering scheme of the betas. So your build is the one from 2017 March 30th.

The betas are primarily made for the chinese testers and so presumably they only add in VoLTE for the global roms. :)

Associate
From what I understand, 7.3.30 follows the numbering scheme of the betas. So your build is the one from 2017 March 30th.

The betas are primarily made for the chinese testers and so presumably they only add in VoLTE for the global roms. :)
You're correct about it being a beta, but they make separate betas for the Chinese and Global markets and I'm running the global one, which is why i find it strange it doesn't have the relevant VoLTE settings. I will flash 8.1.4.0 at some point when I get round to backing up data.

Soldato
Went to bed at midnight, realised my phone charger was in my car.
Mi Max was at 40%, great battery life so I thought I'd just charge it in the morning.

Woke up at 7am - Mi Max battery? 40%.
I didn't even have power saving on.

Amazing battery life!

Soldato
Went to bed at midnight, realised my phone charger was in my car.
Mi Max was at 40%, great battery life so I thought I'd just charge it in the morning.

Woke up at 7am - Mi Max battery? 40%.
I didn't even have power saving on.

Amazing battery life!

I have a mi max too - I just love it :D

Soldato
Im currently loving what xiaomi has to offer:

- I have two Mi max's (one spare)
- I got my wife a redmi note 3
- I have just ordered a redmi note 4 for my brother

the package they offer for the price is practically unbeatable.

But now that Top One has gone - who do we go with?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I ordered my two global Note 4s from Honorbuy EU warehouse and Dreami store on Aliexpress (Chinese). Both went smoothly with fairly accurate tracking and no duty.

Standard delivery from China took exactly 2 weeks from placing the order.

Soldato
The Xiaomi mi6 should be official announced today. Rumored to have 3 versions, mi6, mi6 pro and mi6 plus.

Here are the rumored prices, very cheap considering the specs, but this is before all the import taxes and everything.

Approx GBP by Dollar to Pound from Google.

Xiaomi Mi6

4GB RAM + 64GB Internal storage 2,199 Yuan ($318) ~ £256
4GB RAM + 128GB storage = 2,599 Yuan ($376) ~ £303

Mi 6 Plus

6GB RAM + 64GB storage = 2,599 Yuan ($390) ~ £314
6GB RAM + 128GB storage = 3,099 Yuan ($448) ~ £361
6GB RAM + 256GB storage = 3,699 Yuan ($535) ~ £431

This Phone has been on my Radar for a good while, i'd go for the Mi6 plus 64GB as long as i can get it from a decent supplier.

Don't think anything has been revealed about the network bands, so it may not support some UK frequencies. But Xiaomi did do a global version of the mi5 and the mi note 2, so hopefully this will have a global version also.

Have been a whole load of rumours about sporting a 30MP dual camera or a retina scanner rather than fingerprint, so would be nice to get some concrete info.

Associate
The Xiaomi mi6 should be official announced today. Rumored to have 3 versions, mi6, mi6 pro and mi6 plus.

Here are the rumored prices, very cheap considering the specs, but this is before all the import taxes and everything.

Approx GBP by Dollar to Pound from Google.

Xiaomi Mi6

4GB RAM + 64GB Internal storage 2,199 Yuan ($318) ~ £256
4GB RAM + 128GB storage = 2,599 Yuan ($376) ~ £303

Mi 6 Plus

6GB RAM + 64GB storage = 2,599 Yuan ($390) ~ £314
6GB RAM + 128GB storage = 3,099 Yuan ($448) ~ £361
6GB RAM + 256GB storage = 3,699 Yuan ($535) ~ £431

This Phone has been on my Radar for a good while, i'd go for the Mi6 plus 64GB as long as i can get it from a decent supplier.

Don't think anything has been revealed about the network bands, so it may not support some UK frequencies. But Xiaomi did do a global version of the mi5 and the mi note 2, so hopefully this will have a global version also.

Have been a whole load of rumours about sporting a 30MP dual camera or a retina scanner rather than fingerprint, so would be nice to get some concrete info.
It's being announced on the 19th
The Mi5 didn't have a global version either.

Back
Top Bottom