**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Doesn't support B20 LTE, there's no 4GB RAM or 256GB storage versions. It's a dual 12MP camera.

The B20 is annoying, im on 3 so they do use band 20 for 4G. Still have another band it uses so may not affect me too much. Otherwise hopefully they'll release a Global version if there is enough demand.

Still haven't seen any info on the Plus, so i'm still hoping!

Associate
Just 4G so far. I can't find option in phone to switch between the various ones but I'll keep looking.
SIM cards & mobile networks>EE>Preferred network type.

The B20 is annoying, im on 3 so they do use band 20 for 4G. Still have another band it uses so may not affect me too much. Otherwise hopefully they'll release a Global version if there is enough demand.

Still haven't seen any info on the Plus, so i'm still hoping!
Officially on 3 you can only use B20 if the device supports VoLTE on the network, which there's no concrete evidence the Mi6 will.
3 use B3 mainly for capacity, only covers ~60% of population whereas B20 covers ~84%. However you'll only fall onto B20 when out of range of 3G.
The Mi 5S Plus never supported B20 either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Officially on 3 you can only use B20 if the device supports VoLTE on the network, which there's no concrete evidence the Mi6 will.
3 use B3 mainly for capacity, only covers ~60% of population whereas B20 covers ~84%. However you'll only fall onto B20 when out of range of 3G.
The Mi 5S Plus never supported B20 either.

Thanks for that, didn't know that about 3, I guess i can only hope they do a global version otherwise i may have to look elsewhere.

Associate
I looked into the cost of importing the MI6 from well known sites and its silly £500 - £600 and then you might be slapped with import tax.. No savings there at the moment. Better to pay more and get a phone with uk warranty

Soldato
From what I was reading this morning the Mi6 is selling well which will be why there are no discounts and prices are high at the moment.

I don't like one rumour that the Mi6 Plus may be cancelled in favour of the Mi Note 3 to be released later in the year :( edit: and todays rumour is that it is just delayed with no eta due to the squeeze in the availability of SD835 SOCs due to the orders of Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ being higher than expected

Last edited:
Soldato
Had my Redmi 4 Prime for about a week now and I'm incredibly impressed. Snappy in general usage, games run surprisingly well and battery life is a beast. I'm sticking to MIUI 8 for now too as I'm enjoying it's simplicity and the options it offers out of the box. Wish it had a built in app drawer though.

Soldato
So I've finally got round to ordering a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Snapdragon 3GB/32GB (absolute bargain even if I get tapped for import duty). Can anyone recommend me a good case/tempered glass protector for it? I had a Nillkin case for my Note 3 which was quite good but I managed to melt it on holiday :p

Associate
I'm a little lost in the work of Xiaomi at the moment.

If I said I had up to £300, or if very good reason £400, or even better >£200 prioritising camera for baby pictures, and then battery due to heavy use which model would people be going for? Min screen size is 5.5".

I've come up with Note 4 International or Mi Max so far.

I've seen that Top-One is now defunct, so where's the best place for any recommended phones by now?

Associate
I'm a little lost in the work of Xiaomi at the moment.

If I said I had up to £300, or if very good reason £400, or even better >£200 prioritising camera for baby pictures, and then battery due to heavy use which model would people be going for? Min screen size is 5.5".

I've come up with Note 4 International or Mi Max so far.

I've seen that Top-One is now defunct, so where's the best place for any recommended phones by now?

Mi5S Plus.

http://www.oppomart.com/xiaomi/mi5splus/xiaomi-mi-5s-plus.html

Back
Top Bottom