1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese phones?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by King4aDay, May 6, 2015.

1. benparker

Gangster

2. tigerstyle

Sgarrista

Silly question, the 5.5" Note 4 and the 5.5" Note 4X appear to be the same? Is that correct?
    (if so, why the naming confusion?)

3. lemonade

Mobster

Yes, Note 4x was China only model with Snapdragon chipset.

4. benparker

Gangster

OP5 base model £449. No thanks

5. dacads

Sgarrista

Got my mi5 few days ago and very happy so far :)

It did have the global rom already but an old version, so decided to install latest which was a bit fiddly, as ended up using old versions of certain tools i.e miflash and the unlock tool as bootloader was locked, went through the proper process on Xiaomi website and they approved the request within a few hours.

Coming from iPhone 5, everything is better as you'd expect.. screen, camera, torch, sound

6. maj

Wise Guy

Good choice. Quite pleased with the spec and features of it considering the price. Just wish it had an SD card slot which I found really useful on my previous phone. MIUI does take awhile to get used to and seems to be lacking options like sorting apps alphabetically easily so I installed a launcher.

7. dacads

Sgarrista

Yeah still getting used to the interface etc

One thing I keep doing by accident is pressing the power button on the side though, maybe they should have placed it at the top!

8. maj

Wise Guy

Ah yeah my girlfriend hates that as whenever she goes to use it she keeps locking it by mistake. I don't find it too be that much of an issue now that I know where it is, even when on calls but agree another location for it would of been better. Not sure what I'll be getting next as I would prefer something with an SD card slot but it just goes to show how overpriced the 'big' name brands are in comparison for essentially the same phone.

9. dacads

Sgarrista

Yeah in a way it's a good thing they aren't selling in EU, as then prices would be inflated to match competitors. As we have seen with Huawei for example.

SD card slot is not too much of an issue atm, as I got the 64GB version which is a lot compared to the 16GB I had before :p

10. maj

Wise Guy

I only got the 32GB as was first time I had imported a phone into the UK and didn't want to make too much of a risk if I encountered any problems. In hindsight I had nothing to worry about and should of just got the 64 which would of nullified the need for an SD card now.