**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
That is true, is the £100 extra worth it for the S8 over the G4? Will be using it mainly for a camera phone.

If it's for the camera then the lg g4 has a fantastic camera but you can't trust the phone since you know. For an extra £100?

Have you thought about a 2nd hand lg g5? they should be around £200 by now or even a 2nd hand mi5/s. They tend to have good cameras. Not so good with low light as the flagships from samung and whatnot but pretty good.

Caporegime
Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Basically in short

Camera is slow to focus - I frankly don't care because I don't compare it to other phone cameras, I compare it to my other cameras…and to be frank, none of them compare, not even the £1k iPhone camera will compare so I don't even start.

Speaker is below average. My phone has been on silent for about 10 years.

No headphone jack - I haven't plugged in headphones for about a year.

I think the ONLY thing I will miss is NFC so I just have to remember my wallet when I leave the house.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2017/09/17/elephone-s8-review/

Associate
I ordered a Xiaomi Note 4 for my wife from Banggood HK on the 13th. It was shown as shipped on the 17th but the tracking number (apparently a Swiss Post reference) is show as 'Not found'. Is this normal?

maj

maj

Soldato
For those saying the A1 wouldn't be an upgrade over an Mi5, I was looking at replacing mine with one too. Stock android, and being able to use SD card appeals to me and the price seems very reasonable. Plus I got the basic Mi5 model with 16GB rom which in hindsight was a mistake but it was my first time purchasing a Chinese phone and wasn't sure what to expect in case any problems arose.

Transmission breaker
Don
What is a good small sized chinese phone to replace my the S6 my mrs has when the time comes early next year? She is not a phone addict, and has liked her S6 quite a lot. However, as a very low demand user, struggling to find a suitable device for her without spending quite a lot of money!

Back
Top Bottom