**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
So forgive my ignorance, but the specs of the MI A1 is good, all except the camera?

This is frustrating, I basically want a Nexus 5x replacement, i dont want to back step at all - maybe i am approaching the problem in the wrong way then?

What should I do? Look for a second hand handset? (ive been trying) or is there a chinese counterpart that ive overlooked with a good camera, at around that budget?
I wouldn't buy second hand these days and phones don't tend to last much beyond 2 years.

If you won't look to have the phone replaced or repaired under warranty (you should, especially if you bought it through Google as they make it very easy), then I'd be looking at an LG G5 perhaps, but you're looking at £250+ or a Huawei P9 (not P9 Lite) for £300+. O2 sometimes have some decent deals on refurbished phones (most of which are basically just items returned as unwanted) so you might be able to get a Galaxy S7 or OnePlus 3 or 5 for relatively cheap.

Soldato
The phone was rejected by LG repair centre as liquid damage, ive tried to argue this but no luck.

The device was bought on OCUK members market but from Argos (have original receipt) but this will be tied to previous owners card.

Soldato
What colour did you go for? It seems there are all these places selling it for £520….are they legit?

Mine's Midnight black. I have a couple of dbrand skins coming. A dragon skin and a leather effect skin - i don't know which one ill prefer till I see them in the flesh.

I can't offer much advice on SIM free prices, I bought mine on contract :)

Underboss
Have you checked the tracking number on the site.

looking at it now

Result Summary
Waybill: 9384595382Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONGSign up for shipment notifications Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 17:27
Origin Service Area:HONG KONG - HKG - HONG KONG
Destination Service Area: **** MY ADDRESS ********
1 Pieces

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 Location Time Pieces
4 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 17:27
1 Pieces

3 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 16:58
1 Pieces

2 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 15:07
1 Pieces

1 Shipment picked up HONG KONG - HONG KONG 11:15
1 Pieces

I guess that means it is still in HK ?

Soldato
Just picked up one of these, I'm glad I didn't pay the "extra" for the Xiaomi Mi Mix lol bargain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mu-y-YNAJ4

Just been using this for last 30 mins and going back to my iPhone 6s feels like a toy!! Screen is really nice.

Having had an phone from Umi/Umidigi in the past ... good luck. Every OTA seemed to create two new bugs for every one it fixed. Months of not being able to run certain, average apps without them crashing and then they decided to 'fix' the finger print sensor, which worked fine, and no update in almost a year since ever got it working right ...

Eventually changed to a Xiaomi Mi Note 2 which is probably one of the best phones I've had ...

Associate
Having had an phone from Umi/Umidigi in the past ... good luck. Every OTA seemed to create two new bugs for every one it fixed. Months of not being able to run certain, average apps without them crashing and then they decided to 'fix' the finger print sensor, which worked fine, and no update in almost a year since ever got it working right ...

Eventually changed to a Xiaomi Mi Note 2 which is probably one of the best phones I've had ...

Its only a second phone, I can't get rid of my jailbroken iPhone 6s just yet!

Soldato
Just picked up one of these, I'm glad I didn't pay the "extra" for the Xiaomi Mi Mix lol bargain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mu-y-YNAJ4

Just been using this for last 30 mins and going back to my iPhone 6s feels like a toy!! Screen is really nice.
Let me know how you find it after a few days im undecided between this the doogee mix and the maze alpha.

If any one has had either of the other two what are you thoughts on them?

Underboss
Got my parcel from DHL today !

or should i say, they tried to deliver it , but i wasent home :(
its coming tomorrow now

i think it actually took 7 days (5 working days) from China, so that is pretty good!
I suppose i could have flown to HK and back in a faster time lol

is there anything i should be doing when i get it ?
or can I just check my sim in, and download apps that i want straight from the google play store?

Soldato
I just received my Xiaomi Mi A1 from AliExpress and against my expectations it arrived very quickly. I'm really pleased with the device and not only was the seller very quick in sending it out but also threw in some extras such as a couple of screen protectors and sim adapter kit.

The phone is quick and the build quality is top notch however coming from a U11 I do find the phone ever so slightly slow but that's to be expected as it's last years SoC but I'm more than pleased with it.

Great phone and for the price you can't beat it.

Soldato
I just received my Xiaomi Mi A1 from AliExpress and against my expectations it arrived very quickly. I'm really pleased with the device and not only was the seller very quick in sending it out but also threw in some extras such as a couple of screen protectors and sim adapter kit.

The phone is quick and the build quality is top notch however coming from a U11 I do find the phone ever so slightly slow but that's to be expected as it's last years SoC but I'm more than pleased with it.

Great phone and for the price you can't beat it.

Which seller did you buy yours from mate?

Back
Top Bottom