**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Came to my phone, if yours is not updating.

Try this:

1. Go to settings > apps
2. Choose "Google Play Services", tap Storage, then Manage Space. From there CLEAR ALL DATA
3. Go back and choose "Google Services Framework", hit Storage and then CLEAR DATA
4. Try to update again

Associate
Just for something different I've ordered the LeEco Le Pro 3 - http://www.dx.com/p/letv-x720-andro...-phone-w-6gb-ram-64gb-rom-rose-gold-852491694

I'll let you know how it goes when I get my hands on it, It seems a fair phone though for the money though.

I was tempted with the Mi A1 ... Especially for android one and the support and community the phone's got going for it but I thought as it's Christmas :p Let's try something different! I hope don't regret it.

Associate
Just for something different I've ordered the LeEco Le Pro 3 - http://www.dx.com/p/letv-x720-andro...-phone-w-6gb-ram-64gb-rom-rose-gold-852491694

I'll let you know how it goes when I get my hands on it, It seems a fair phone though for the money though.

I was tempted with the Mi A1 ... Especially for android one and the support and community the phone's got going for it but I thought as it's Christmas :p Let's try something different! I hope don't regret it.

Please post pics and your opinion when you get it. I dont know why People so rarely buy LeEco.

Caporegime
Update on my experience of mi A1.

No issues with the 3000ma battery at all I've had it go to zero once when I forgot to charge it overnight.
I stream music from Bluetooth about 5h a day and browse about 1h.

Soldato

The Mi A1 barely has a community. Xiaomi haven't released the source code yet, so ROM developers can only try to hack their way around issues. Last I looked there was only a single unofficial Lineage ROM.

I'm just going to stick with stock anyway. There's a million things to play with (most of which won't be used anyway) but I've never felt I was missing out with my 6P on stock.

I think the last phone I used ROMs regularly on was the Galaxy S3.

Associate
Oh dear, I wasn't aware the Mi A1 community was so small, I take it back :p I was expecting it to be all over xda and places like that but you are right there's not a great deal up to now.

I will definitely post some pictures when the phone arrives ;) I'll borrow my daughters HTC to take the pictures though as I don't even have a camera right now!

The worst part of my Nexus 6p breaking is that I really should have gotten myself a better backup phone as the Samsung Galaxy Ace that I am currently using (Donated from family) is possibly the worst experience EVER!

Soldato
So much noob, but why doesn't the mia1 have Google Camera and Google Assistant?
Google assistant is part of the OS and not an app from the Play Store. It's already on the stock device with 7.1.2 (December update on mine).

I don't know how you're trying to activate your's, but if I hold the home button it definitely pops up on mine.

The Google camera app won't have support for the dual lenses I'm guessing (they work differently to the Pixel ones), but I'm fairly sure the Pixel/Pixel 2 camera app is unique to the Pixel - even the Nexus 6's didn't have the full features (but you could install the Pixel camera app manually).

Soldato

I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with an LeEco phone, particularly the build quality. The cheaper version is only $120! At that price I'm tempted to buy one just to muck about with and root if possible.

Last edited:
Underboss
Ive been having problems with Eternal Team from Ali Express since my phone arrived damaged (only a scratch on the back though)

been trying to get some sort of refund for the past 3 months
they asked me to send them pictures , which i did, wasent good enough , so i had to make a video, and they would not accept videos from YT, so been trying to use the ones they could use, and i had so much hassle with those sites, i couldnt upload to them they finally came back and said we can use YT now, so i sent them a link and they couldn't see it etc etc
so in the end they have seen the video and said to me i can take $3 off their next order

i replied to that and basically with, thats unacceptable with all the hassle ive had over the past 2-3 months

came back to me and said, ok i'll refund you $3

$3 !!!

what a joke !

im fuming !

any ideas on how to reply?

Soldato
That sucks...

I've just spotted the Nubia M2, which can be pre-ordered for $160 at the moment. It seems like a lot of phone for the money considering it has a 5.5" AMOLED screen, dual cameras 64Gb storage and 4Gb of RAM etc.

Associate
Ive been having problems with Eternal Team from Ali Express since my phone arrived damaged (only a scratch on the back though)

been trying to get some sort of refund for the past 3 months
they asked me to send them pictures , which i did, wasent good enough , so i had to make a video, and they would not accept videos from YT, so been trying to use the ones they could use, and i had so much hassle with those sites, i couldnt upload to them they finally came back and said we can use YT now, so i sent them a link and they couldn't see it etc etc
so in the end they have seen the video and said to me i can take $3 off their next order

i replied to that and basically with, thats unacceptable with all the hassle ive had over the past 2-3 months

came back to me and said, ok i'll refund you $3

$3 !!!

what a joke !

im fuming !

any ideas on how to reply?

I had same sort of experience on a item only valued at $50 but ended up giving up they clearly want to side with seller because they must be making them lot of money.

A friend had problem like this and he just claimed it all back from credit card company

Back
Top Bottom