**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
Cheers guys, have they already been released in India? Saw flipkart advertisement but now unable to see it.

Excited, for it's release just real shame it's not already out! :D
Yes, the Redmi Note 5 Pro has already been released in India but was sold out instantly on Flipkart and Mi.com (over 300k units sold within the first 3 minutes).

Associate
Didn't realize OcUK had a thread on Chinese phones ! My brother got himself a Redmi 5 Plus recently, worked great at first, then he tried to update it with 9.2.6.0 Global, and the phone got stuck in a boot loop. I managed to do the test point method to get it going again on the latest China rom, did the whole palava of getting it unlocked (had to wait 360 hours roughly), installed the Global 9.2.6.0 rom, all back on and working again ......... except for when he put his SIM in and it didn't detect it. Tried mine, didn't detect. Faffed around for a bit and found that, if I let the sim tray stick out by about a 1mm, it finally recognizes the SIM.

Any ideas whats happened ? Taking the back off surely shouldn't have messed up any of the pins in there, its not even touched when you go to take it off, and they are not exposed either.

Poor sod probably only had the phone working for about 1 day :(

Associate
Its one that just clips back on, not much if any room for seating it incorrectly (did check !). I also tried putting the sim tray in while the back was off, same problem :(

Caporegime
I think xaomi's MiA1 android one experiment has failed.
If I could go back in time I deffo wouldn't have got this phone. The battery is worse and it has bugs that just haven't been ironed out.
Stick to their miui os phones if you want a xaomi.
Their stuff is still great for a budget device price range but so far they haven't kept up with the programme at all.
My next phone will concentrate on the camera more, not sure many cheaper xaomi devices can live up to that regard.

Custom ROMs might save the phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I could go back in time I deffo wouldn't have got this phone. The battery is worse and it has bugs that just haven't been ironed out.
Their stuff is still great for a budget device price range but so far they haven't kept up with the programme at all.
My next phone will concentrate on the camera more, not sure many cheaper xaomi devices can live up to that regard.

:( just ororder one for wife last night!
As long as it's less problematic than her Moto g5, I'll be happy at least...

Soldato
Its not a bad phone by a long way mate, it's well built and does what it does, it is just the lack of decent updates as Efour has said that has annoyed a lot of people. Everything works but some bugs are still annoying. but only if your looking for them if that makes sense.

Soldato
Its not a bad phone by a long way mate, it's well built and does what it does, it is just the lack of decent updates as Efour has said that has annoyed a lot of people. Everything works but some bugs are still annoying. but only if your looking for them if that makes sense.
That's alright then :D she won't be looking for bugs but the motog5 is a constant bug...camera always crashing, memory card constantly corrupting and recently random resetting. I'll be glad to see the back of it and it's not even mine :D

Permabanned
Thanks God there are the Chinese. They bring light in the dark age of evr growing smartphones prices, the capitalism in its worst light.

Soldato

I thought the main selling point of Android One devices is that its stock Android and regular updates, the updates aren't solid? What sort of bugs?

Caporegime
I'm talking about this particular device only.
You can Google or read in this thread the issues that have been introduced into the Mia1 phone since it's software updates.
Xiaomi have been very slow and not entirely transparent with this phone.

Soldato
That's a shame, I was looking at it yesterday, looked good and noticed that they started rolling out the feb security patch which sounded great, I'm still on Dec 2017 on my 3T.

Back
Top Bottom