**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I've got a Note 4 too and you are right not a huge amount of difference (depending on what you do with it), it does have the new chipset Snapdragon 636 and Adreno 509, dual camera with Sony sensor, bigger and higher resolution screen, now does fast charge too.

Soldato
How can you tell if your phone is compatible with 4g in the UK, and if it isn't is there anything you can do?
I jumped on a Tobydeals 'deal' of an HTC 10 evo for £109 the other day, got a Three sim for it but don't think I have seen 4g/LTE n my phone once yet.

Is there an easy way to check and if that is the case, can you do anything with the phone to 'make it compatible'?

maj

maj

Soldato
Anyone using Lineage OS? Recently I've had problems receiving phone calls. I can't hear what the other person is saying and they can't here me so I have to reboot the phone. Works fine after a reboot so I'm thinking it's a software issue rather than hardware.

As for the Note 5, coming from a Mi5, I think the Note 5 is a worthwhile move. Probably not if I already had the Note 4.

How can you tell if your phone is compatible with 4g in the UK, and if it isn't is there anything you can do?
I jumped on a Tobydeals 'deal' of an HTC 10 evo for £109 the other day, got a Three sim for it but don't think I have seen 4g/LTE n my phone once yet.

Is there an easy way to check and if that is the case, can you do anything with the phone to 'make it compatible'?

willmyphonework.net

If I've selected right phone then it says 4g should work on a number of frequencies. It also depends if you've bought the global version with a global rom, or a chinese version with a global rom. There is a difference.

emu

emu

Associate

I did read some where else to factory reset but don't accept the text that three send you. I'm interested as I think this is a bit of a bargain . How you finding the phone ?

Soldato

Usually says Band20 in specs, which is compatible with UK 4g. There is another too but cant remember the band.

Soldato
currently have a ulefone power 3s, after my previous ulefone power 2 had an unfortunate accident and got smashed :(.

spec wise its listed as bigger and heavier, doesn't really feel much different, but for me the battery life more than makes up the size changes, and thats on top of what i consider a very nice battery on the power 2.

Permabanned
Anyone with a ZTE phone on this thread? Looks like this Chinese manufacturer is essentially going out of business internationally.

They are being subjected to strong US sanctions based on their flouting sanctions in selling tech equipment to Iran and North Korea. US sanctions prohibit them from acquiring any Qualcomm chips, Google Play Store software, etc.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ust-forced-smartphone-maker-zte-to-shut-down/

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Scored an Umidigi C Note 2 for cheap on eBay (65 quid), and spent a half hour following a guide to getting the bloatware out of the stock ROM. It's replacing a Huawei P8lite (ALE-L21) that suffered a cat-related screen injury, so far impressions are that it's waaaaaaaaay faster than the Huawei!

Looking forward to seeing how it does for battery life with a 4000mAh capacity.

Soldato
Guys, - is there a difference between USB-C charging cables? I've got a VKWorld S8 and the USB-C cable it came with fits securely but then the spare I had at home, and the ones I've ordered recently just fall out?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07583NM7L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The actual connector on the end of the cable seems a few mm shorter than the one delivered with the phone - are there different types ? There's no fluff, etc. in the port, i've checked that already.

Associate
Guys, - is there a difference between USB-C charging cables? I've got a VKWorld S8 and the USB-C cable it came with fits securely but then the spare I had at home, and the ones I've ordered recently just fall out?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07583NM7L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The actual connector on the end of the cable seems a few mm shorter than the one delivered with the phone - are there different types ? There's no fluff, etc. in the port, i've checked that already.

Could just be the pins are bent or something? I've definitely had that happen with numerous Micro USB cables.

Soldato
My Nexus 5x died and is probably unrecoverable, seriously temped to save £140 and get a Redmi 5 Plus over a Moto G Z2 play.

The big river has them on sale, apparently "
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4G 64GB Dual UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black"
Seller states is has 4G on band 20 also, which I believe is the o2 network (I am on Tesco Mobile but I think they piggy back on o2) or if anyone has one on Tesco/o2 that can confirm they can get 4G?

£167 for that one.

Any reason I shouldn't buy one of these over a Z2 play at £300 for pretty much the same thing (I actually prefer the look of the chinese phone also) only downside I suppse is it appears to be Micro USB vs (IMO) the more robust UBS-C on the Z2.

Back
Top Bottom