**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
So I may have been confusing myself above with the global rom Note 5 frequencies. It seems it does support B20:800 I just had to scroll down a bit rather than reading the product specs.

So based on that you don't need the official global version of the phone. The 4gb global rom Chinese version for around £160 should suffice.
The Aliexpress link you posted in your previous post is the 6GB Note 5 (Chinese version) with the global ROM flashed onto the phone and it doesn't have band 20.

lxWn0WE.jpg

Soldato
Not sure exactly where the orders originally come from but the final part of the delivery is made from a UK place of business to your home, so there are no customs charges etc... I've had 2 orders already from them :)

I emailed them, and they replied that they are a Hong Kong company the products are from Hong Kong, but the price on the website is the price you pay because the VAT is already paid by them.

Associate
Ordered a note 5 4gb from eglobal - looking forwards to trying it out.

Any recommendations for a screen protector that covers edges of the screen too?

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
For those who have or are getting the Note 5, what rom are you planning on putting on it? Sometimes they come with pre-installed roms that aren't legit. The official MIUI download page is still down and the website I got the rom from on my current phone is down too.

Associate
My plan is to leave as stock - I'm expecting the phone to be factory sealed so hopefully won't have been tampered with.

I've heard mixed reviews about muiu, so if I don't get on it with it I may try and install a more stock android rom (if such a thing exists)

Soldato
I'm still on the stock global rom right now.
Still cant decide if I like it really, would prefer a totally stock android myself but i'm a bit lazy when it comes to switching roms.

maj

maj

Soldato
Lineage OS is very stock android like imo but I experienced a few issues with it when using it on my Mi 5 hence back on MIUI for the time being. Resurrection is another but never tried it myself.

Last edited:
Associate
Had a little look at roms this morning, looks like most have some bugs/issues (as expected). Think I'll be trying my best to just get on miui, starting with installing nova launcher - can't believe miui doesn't have an app drawer!

Messages eglobal this morning as noticed order is still in "processing" - turns out it isn't in stock (despite still being listed in stock on website). Have asked how long for it to be in stock, hopefully not too long or I'll have to cancel.

Last edited:
Associate
Had a little look at roms this morning, looks like most have some bugs/issues (as expected). Think I'll be trying my best to just get on miui, starting with installing nova launcher - can't believe miui doesn't have an app drawer!

Messages eglobal this morning as noticed order is still in "processing" - turns out it isn't in stock (despite still being listed in stock on website). Have asked how long for it to be in stock, hopefully not too long or I'll have to cancel.

I haven't really found time (or the effort) necessary to install RR or lineage on my Note 5. I think part of it is because MIUI + Nova launcher is pretty good. I'd still prefer stock but Lineage hasn't even got an official build yet. Has anyone got MIUI 10 yet?

Tangentially, how do you guys deal with tempered glass screen protectors? I've bodged three of the bloody things (the screen protector which came with my phone and two tempered screen protectors). I feel like such an idiot because I can't apply these damn things properly. I always end up with dust underneath the thing, or I don't line it up properly, or the adhesive is applied unevenly...

The one I ordered is this one:

PROGLASS_zpssdrdql7d.jpg

I've ordered one final one - if I bodge this one up I'm going to give up :p

Associate
I'm thinking about getting the Mi8, can anyone point me in the direction to help me establish if it will be compatible with my provider (vodafone)? At the moment I enjoy 4g almost everywhere I go and I don't really want to sacrifice that.

Associate
Actually it looks like it does. 4G Range: FDD-LTE B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B17/B20, TD-LTE B34/B38/B39/B40/B41(120MHz). This should cover every 4g band in the uk.

Associate

Hi haz I'm in same boat as you mate it's still processing for me as well, I had a reply saying they're waiting for stock to hit their warehouse.

I'm not sure how long it will take, I'll wait a little while and message them again. I am in no major rush but would have ordered from Aliexpress had I known it was out of stock.

Associate
Hi haz I'm in same boat as you mate it's still processing for me as well, I had a reply saying they're waiting for stock to hit their warehouse.

I'm not sure how long it will take, I'll wait a little while and message them again. I am in no major rush but would have ordered from Aliexpress had I known it was out of stock.

I messaged them to ask how long, but no response yet! I'd like to keep my order with eglobal as it allowed me to pay with PayPal (and credit card). We'll see...

Edit: response received (below), not very confidence inspiring. Think I'll give them till mid next week and then I'll be cancelling.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your Email.

I am regret to inform that we do not have concrete answer on the new stock arrival date yet.

Once we have any updates, we would inform you accordingly.

In the meantime, should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom