**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
My Redmi Note 5 arrived yesterday! Well I say arrived. But I received the card through my door to say I had to pay a fee. Good job I was off work yesterday as I went to the post office depot and paid right away picked up my phone. It's certainly a great phone. Bigger than the LG G4. Feels very smooth. I have put Apex Launcher on right away. Copied pretty much everything across from the G4 so it means I didn't have to manually download and install the apps I use. Love the fingerprint sensor, very responsive. Definitely lots to play with on this phone, so I will see what other extra features are available. My only gripe is that the tempered glass that came with the phone was damaged in transit. No real issue as I have put the phone in the flip case that came with it. So will order a separate tempered glass later.

Vfv-bLuw7D5mJR52_GfQsxYMvtK8TDJW6vBgVDzY-VqP07DjoKJMszd2fJEwwb6xUUg_Mwucw8KjhLwR9TO0R7p4f2U8XV216aQZKogU3-K8mRooHSnzQmiPZF94nMIUhbtRcewjEhrDzwI_rEmlBUPlOGL_ii7h1S2HnKQ8pcYtYbcA6s9_bNJmtdGP33ET1Y4o4a3vckfNkX2dhWpM4Cy59gi4rK8lmMuW5dg7TGXhucS46kzBdGy5pIXzLMjJbf9T7pgCeHE0zYY97gnNH7KhD08inuDnUNdCm3JzGtWOWtMXHYgt8BUnxTBwP0LtojNTdVu-GRfKZQiMTJSOYFUp8vva6tFNlN4NHkg5g5bUZexI09P15t-F9MaB_Nn5yUm04VL7hfNkd0pxhZvyH5Y2QnvgtG7Th0Dt25BgD6TuqszBgM3enHU_teeZhSSAuyf5aSyYnFeD7jCUscbOzOjiqWjDCEPTSlbGiFbJgBlsVDyecGPmi3NruUviJRYBG-a-7LxVj7AlaLLBczI1bHN4DgpgFZTLDX3p_-VjM2xfeNiIhgLE_6ZbOfEVnamrUOobK8Cs5dIqSMeGGpggduxEXv5NZeBNwtGrdyCz=w1601-h901-no

TTlkFM0YqN3kbOcMkRKMiOi9VbweBhOgUXUbBHGkZuyizNFpKBt0uIDKqyIeYQNmiUqQGLJxLV3lbJMZwXc5YU7RKkBgUz_cSYlbtCqYmpfKrnhRh0s_GkZA3cGXSYKbmV2xBi9u9Frv_T4MBdw9PA6S1DH1Jdwx3cmyCu_fL9XZknQNgO4Mj9yUnmBoxADWelcz4G3_TenYdA_7hEixTF4zjJSGjRhdPIrMBK6pNyX0hngRVjNLbPS5IiohUOs60nJtF4gIf4w72-wGpHcvSVXJq-uiVjtF0MGiokdZfU0RbWnFrueLva_T4Jd53GQwTFTRp54G3Qi5pqjbJWM3vn1xa8CvZagyJi9v4zed_DTPN_y2tbMAREbt9kYgS1mczqb8YQoTsOYxL5XtASLU420hcXuheZu_e1bLxh8hCPctbeEBX1Y5oydkyusOyGsYmJvFsSGi4mprOKjd_nGubAffd7Une2IuhGsz5R65trqeK9YFnu3pwvFUf3f3RE_9Pxc488auV6lC5KnB41WBBblWStlLpKesBdsVnBdVmdeIbjwVFUlALAXg1dPbcSKAjv623Hdpk-qAFKUi8PXEczL7KuA0tTb0sYLm3Mlq=w507-h900-no

Soldato
Just wanted to check on you guys who have the Redmi Note 5: did you change the launcher or have you stuck with MIUI? I have Apex, but I'm just reading up on the new MIUI 10 and I'm wondering maybe it's best to just go back to MIUI full time instead? Guess I should really have a play around and get used to it.

Associate
Just wanted to check on you guys who have the Redmi Note 5: did you change the launcher or have you stuck with MIUI? I have Apex, but I'm just reading up on the new MIUI 10 and I'm wondering maybe it's best to just go back to MIUI full time instead? Guess I should really have a play around and get used to it.

I think you might be confused a bit. MIUI isn't just the launcher, it's the entire Android build. You can use whichever launcher you want but you'll still be on MIUI. I use nova launcher.

Soldato
I think you might be confused a bit. MIUI isn't just the launcher, it's the entire Android build. You can use whichever launcher you want but you'll still be on MIUI. I use nova launcher.

I see. Much like TouchWiz for Samsung. That makes sense I guess. I tried Nova Launcher a long time ago and I just didn't find it to be all that. Apex has served me well for the last 4-6yrs.

Soldato
I haven't really found time (or the effort) necessary to install RR or lineage on my Note 5. I think part of it is because MIUI + Nova launcher is pretty good. I'd still prefer stock but Lineage hasn't even got an official build yet. Has anyone got MIUI 10 yet?

Tangentially, how do you guys deal with tempered glass screen protectors? I've bodged three of the bloody things (the screen protector which came with my phone and two tempered screen protectors). I feel like such an idiot because I can't apply these damn things properly. I always end up with dust underneath the thing, or I don't line it up properly, or the adhesive is applied unevenly...

The one I ordered is this one:

PROGLASS_zpssdrdql7d.jpg

I've ordered one final one - if I bodge this one up I'm going to give up :p

Sounds odd but install it in the bathroom just after having a shower,it keeps the dust down so no dust in the air to get under the screen protectors

Soldato
Still got a S4 myself, thinking of upgrading to something with a decent camera, Android 8.0 and a nice 6" screen with very little bezels, Snapdragon 845 any ideas what I could get? Cheaper the better.

Associate
in Settings , under google, i went to installed apps, then gmail, and i can not clear the defaults because it says there's nothing set
I got caught out by this as well - you need to set the default *browser* back to Chrome (or whatever you want) on a system-wide basis.

Settings > Installed apps > [three vertical dots at top right (above the search bar)] > Default apps > Browser > (choose from your installed browsers).

Back
Top Bottom