**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I can't speak for the Mi A2 Lite, but my Mi A1's software seems pretty much identical to that of my Nexus 6P (both have 8.1). The camera app is a bit different, as are some of the settings I expect, but other than that they largely appear the same.

Soldato
Just ordered a redmi note 5 and want to grab a silicone type case for it, but so many models! Looks like the pro and normal 5 are built around the same chassis?

maj

maj

Soldato
Just ordered a redmi note 5 and want to grab a silicone type case for it, but so many models! Looks like the pro and normal 5 are built around the same chassis?

They are. Pro and 'normal' are same phone just re-branded depending on part of world they're sold in.

Associate
We know about the xioami mi a1/2 running stock android or android one. Which other chinese phones run these or near stock android?

Associate
Anyone recommend a new phone for my old man, hes been using a Samsung J7 forever and needs a decent upgrade pref under £150. Seen the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x for £150? Only uses it for facebook, messenger and calls.

Soldato
My note 5 arrived yesterday. All set up nice and easily. Quite impressed so far. Just needs bit more fine tuning.

Noticed a few annoyances like it locks immediately and you can't seem to put a delay on it but fingerprint reader is quick. Also doesn't look like it works with smart unlock for locations which I liked on my motog5.

Camera is much much better though.

Associate
Hi guy just had a quick look at xiaomi phones after a friend recomended them. Althouth i can seem to work out what one i should buy A2 or note? Reviews on youtube dont really seem to help :/ Also is it worh buying form amazon compaired to eblobe for the warranty? or are xiaomi reliable? just dont fancy another doogee style brick:(

Caporegime
Hi guy just had a quick look at xiaomi phones after a friend recomended them. Althouth i can seem to work out what one i should buy A2 or note? Reviews on youtube dont really seem to help :/ Also is it worh buying form amazon compaired to eblobe for the warranty? or are xiaomi reliable? just dont fancy another doogee style brick:(

note 5 seems to be more popular however double check it's the version with the decent cameras. there is a similarly names phone which is lower spec which has the camera in the middle. you want the one with camera in the top corner.

if you can afford to spend £100 more the pocophone f1 is the one to buy right now. true flagship phone for £260.

Soldato
Went for the A2 Lite 4gb/64gb in the end.

Android One and the battery capacity swayed me. Arrived today and so far so good. Updating as we speak with August Android updates and play store updates.

Paid £150 with a screen protector and UPS insured shipping from eglobal. The case comes with a gel case which is a nice touch until I decide what I want to use :)

Soldato
Do most of the chinese phones available now not have NFC?

I'm looking for 4000mah, Type-c, quick charge, NFC, <6" display, what are the options?

Soldato
What's the difference between these 2?

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI Dual Camera 4GB/64GB £192

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4GB RAM 64GB ROM

GSMArena has them listed as the same phone but one is £192 on Amazon and the other is £265

Back
Top Bottom