Chocolate

Soldato
is galaxy actually chocolate? It's nice stuff, but I thought it was not chocolate for some reason...

I heard some european countries were demanding that failburys don't describe their product as 'chocolate'. Something to do with using too much vegetable oil, or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Caporegime
All the brands you've listed are less than £2 a bar - how is that not cheap? :confused:

It's more expensive than he own brand rubbish.

I personally hate expensive chocolate, it's normally Dark chocolate and feels like cardboard, however it's the "connisours" choice, meaning it's expensive and nasty but as it's upmarket the snobs eat it to fit in. Probably followed by caviar/oysters (caviar which apparently tastes like "love juice", I bet the women love it...), eugh.

Associate
It's more expensive than he own brand rubbish.

I personally hate expensive chocolate, it's normally Dark chocolate and feels like cardboard, however it's the "connisours" choice, meaning it's expensive and nasty but as it's upmarket the snobs eat it to fit in. Probably followed by caviar/oysters (caviar which apparently tastes like "love juice", I bet the women love it...), eugh.

So what expensive chocolate have you actually tried?

You seem to be judging people because of the type of chocolate they like.

Soldato
Orea kitKat anyone?

kitkatoreo.jpg

CBJ

CBJ

Associate

Why are you accusing people who happen to like different things to you of being snobs? You may think dark chocolate is "nasty" but some of us actually like it, not because it's upmarket but because we think it tastes nice. I like both dark chocolate and lighter stuff, but for different reasons: a bar of CDM is good for an energy boost, a small square of something rich, dark and velvety is a nice way to round off a meal. Oh, and for the record I think caviar tastes like wet sand someone scooped up off a rather smelly beach, and I've never tried an oyster because they look and smell revolting.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
the best chocolate comes from belgium and is usually found inside a nice big box labelled godiva or neuhaus :p

and if it's chocolate rather than pralines, Côte d'Or > most things

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why are you accusing people who happen to like different things to you of being snobs? You may think dark chocolate is "nasty" but some of us actually like it, not because it's upmarket but because we think it tastes nice. I like both dark chocolate and lighter stuff, but for different reasons: a bar of CDM is good for an energy boost, a small square of something rich, dark and velvety is a nice way to round off a meal. Oh, and for the record I think caviar tastes like wet sand someone scooped up off a rather smelly beach, and I've never tried an oyster because they look and smell revolting.

I'm in no way saying that everyone that eats dark chocolate is a snob, just that it can attract that sort of person. The sort that look down on those that eat milk chocolate because it's not pure, expensive or "healthy".:p

Soldato
Nothing beats Snickers. But pretty much all the chocs in british shops are good. American chocolate disgusts me, the fat ******** can't even get junk food right.

Associate
I really like those Kinda Buenos!
But I also like Yorkie (the purple one with raisons is yumnmy ).

The best chocolate though, is Caley's Marching chocolate :D
It's a really old brand, based in Norwich, but its delicious!

Man of Honour
The yoghurt Milka is possibly the greatest chocolate bar ever although the raisin version is pretty good as well. Technically I'm sure there are much better chocolate bars but for whatever reason it just tastes great to me and perhaps as importantly it reminds me of snowboarding holidays so it's always going to be a bit special.

It's not always available in shops in this country though so I'm more likely to eat Galaxy or a Yorkie bar.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
HEY! I remember you saying you'd ordered it (at some crazy price!). Really glad to hear you liked it - now try to get an Amedei Porcelana bar :D

Thanks for the Suggestion all that time ago:D

Its the greatest ive tryed and im not really a person that goes mad for dark chocolate:cool:

You will bankrupt me if you keep sending me sugestions though:p

What milk chocolate do you suggest? :)

Back
Top Bottom