Chocolate

Associate
My colleague came back from Vegas this week and surprised me with a present of loads of Hershey kisses and some milk chocolate Hershey bars. I'd never tasted Hershey's before and had always wanted to try it so I bit a big chunk from the milk chocolate bar.
For the first few seconds all I could taste was very sweet chocolate....then it hit. The after taste. A taste I can only liken to vomit. I ran to the kitchen for a glass of water, I couldn't believe how awful it tasted.

Has anyone ever had the same experience with it or is it just me?

I personally think you can't beat a good bit of Cadbury's, what's your favourite choc?

Soldato
Hershey bars can be bought quite easily in the UK, just do a little looking around.

They do taste different, thats because it isn't what you are use to eating ie Cadburys, Nestle, etc etc.

The Hershey Cookie & Cream bar is ok.... But I'm not a huge fan of Chocolate, If I had to pick one it would be Lindt.

Soldato
Hershey bars can be bought quite easily in the UK, just do a little looking around.

They do taste different, thats because it isn't what you are use to eating ie Cadburys, Nestle, etc etc.

The Hershey Cookie & Cream bar is ok.... But I'm not a huge fan of Chocolate, If I had to pick one it would be Lindt.

I forgot about Lindt, they are awesome.

Soldato
Hershey's treat the milk they use in their chocolate. The exact method is a trade secret, but it involves breaking down the fat in the milk and producing some sort of acid, which gives it the funny taste.

Hated it at first, but now I like it for a change every now and then when I'm in the States. Still prefer English chocolate though :)

Soldato
eughhhhh i've only been to Canada but i don't think i tried any of their chocolate. i foolishly bought a kitkat bar from a shop and it came to nearly £2 :eek:

My fave is Galaxy Caramel or Milkybar :D

Man of Honour
continental chocolate. Far more cocoa and less sweet...

cadburys and stuff is good for a sugar hit and a quick munch. but nothing like the stronger less sweet chocolate for a proper piece of heaven.

Soldato
I got some hersheys from a import shop but didn't find them to be that bad at all. Slightly bitter than traditional sweet cannons here but nonetheless not bad.

Soldato
If chocolate came in 'Evil' flavour it would be a hershey bar, horrible stuff.

Personally I prefer the dark chocolate from a local(ish) place up the road, it's a Belgian Chocolatier that owns it and their chocolates are lovely. If not dark chocolate from Hotel Chocolat will do :)

Soldato
I'd never tasted Hershey's before and had always wanted to try it so I bit a big chunk from the milk chocolate bar.
For the first few seconds all I could taste was very sweet chocolate....then it hit. The after taste. A taste I can only liken to vomit. I ran to the kitchen for a glass of water, I couldn't believe how awful it tasted.

This.

Why people rave about it is beyond me! It mings.

Back
Top Bottom