Choose a case for AIR cooling only for a messy person needing HDDs

Associate
Morning All

Please spec me a great case for AIR cooling, please dont worry about looks as they say "beauty is in eyes of beholder". I use the PC for gaming (Im a strategy gamer) and a lot of video editing, the reason I say this is playing things such as Anno 1800 video editing work I find my CPU at 100% duty pretty often and my GTX 1080 is happily coping with games I play. I will never water cool again so dont worry about that in future, its just too much effort. Can be ANY size as I have a large study and sits under my desk, so larger is fine, but I dont value a case as such so cheap as possible, yes I know cheap doesnt mean good.

Musts :

Cope with a Noctua 15 CPU cooler (165mm)
Air flow
Ability to be very quiet (Happy to change fans to whatever is the best)
3.5" Mechanical HDDs (as many as possible 4 would be nice but I know thats asking a lot nowadays)
Easy to hide cables and look tidy as Im USLESS at this
Prefer USB / Audio port of top of case as it sits under my desk and makes things easier, but not a must

Rather long but thanks! I have looked at a Corsair 5000 Airflow as likely suspect at min, cant justify price a 7000

Associate
Something like the Fractal Design R6 ? You can arrange the front section of the chassis to stack up drives so that front fans blow across them before reading the motherboard area, but also have a panel that covers those drives from view through the tempered glass. A quick look online will show you what I mean by that.

Back
Top Bottom