Choosing the right motherboard for Realan E-W80

Associate
Hello, I'm about to buy a new PC case E-W80, and I'm little stuck as far as the motherboard goes. I'm building the pc for video editing on Premire and some After Effects work. But I really am not sure what motherboard I should choose. I have no current plan to do any overclocking. I do want to put 32-64G of memory, and I want everything to work super fast. Some people offered me to buy the Asus PRIME X370-PRO, and from reviews I saw, it seems like a solid buy. But at the same time, I was told that the MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON is perfect for video editing (not sure what makes it so perfect) Thing is, I'm not sure how much I should invest in a motherboard. I'm willing to pay the money for something good, but I'm not sure what to choose for the Realan E-W80, and what will give me the best performance while editing.
E-W80.png

So I hope to get an advice about what motherboard should I buy, thanks.

Soldato
You haven't been given very good advice. You should buy both those ATX motherboards and fold them in half and then fold in half again, so they fit in the mini-ITX Realan E-W80 case, for twice the speed. Once you're done doing that, you can put your video card into a vice to flatten it enough to fit into the E-W80, and then cut a hole in the case to make a PCI expansion slot.

Realan, we believe that by annoyingly plugging our products asking ridiculous questions loosely associated with the topic of the forum, you will buy them.

Soldato
If serious, give up on the case. It only accepts ITX boards and the power supply itself is rated only up to 120W, for video editing you're going to have an incredibly bad time. A good video editing PC using Premiere will require a CPU with a lot of cores, a fair bit of RAM depending on how large the files are, an SSD and perhaps a low end GPU for hardware accceleration. 120w will struggle to power all that.

Soldato
This was posted in the General Hardware forum:

Hello, I'm about to buy a new PC case E-W80, and I'm little stuck as far as the motherboard goes. I'm building the pc for video editing on Premire and some After Effects work. But I really am not sure what motherboard I should choose. I have no current plan to do any overclocking. I do want to put 32-64G of memory, and I want everything to work super fast. Some people offered me to buy the Asus PRIME X370-PRO, and from reviews I saw, it seems like a solid buy. But at the same time, I was told that the MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON is perfect for video editing (not sure what makes it so perfect) Thing is, I'm not sure how much I should invest in a motherboard. I'm willing to pay the money for something good, but I'm not sure what to choose for the Realan E-W80, and what will give me the best performance while editing.

So I hope to get an advice about what motherboard should I buy, thanks.

If you do a search for Realan on the OcUK forums, you'll find more of such plugs.

Back
Top Bottom