Christmas Lights Problem

Associate
Hi all, anyone got any ideas? my wife just bought an outside christmas tree frame with 600 led lights attached, Red,Green,Blue and yellow, But for some reason only the red and yellow leds were working , i checked the wires and could not see no obvious breaks , so i thought maybe the function box was damaged/faulty , so i cut it out and wired directly to the plug. the blue and green ones came on and now the yellow and red are off lol, is there any way i can wire it so they are all just constantly on? i suppose i need a new function box?

Soldato
So rather than return the item as faulty, you cut the thing apart?

If all the lights are working you probably just need to re-wire it all into a 12v transformer (check the output voltage first!).

Associate
OP
So rather than return the item as faulty, you cut the thing apart?

If all the lights are working you probably just need to re-wire it all into a 12v transformer (check the output voltage first!).
She was refunded for the item as they had none in stock to replace for her , so she got to keep it as well as a refund, hense the reason i am trying to fix it rather than throw it out

Associate
OP
Guessing something of off ebay? Might be safer just to bin it if so!
Amazon, its actually quite expensive,a 9ft Tree frame with the lights attached, worse case ill strip all the lights off and reattach new ones, im just sticking with the green and blue now, looks good as is :D

Soldato
She was refunded for the item as they had none in stock to replace for her , so she got to keep it as well as a refund, hense the reason i am trying to fix it rather than throw it out

Wait, this sounds like a sensible thing to do.

Interesting that the polarity flips. Sounds like you’ve got yourself a nice Christmas electronics project as a bonus.

Permabanned

ah now this makes sense! I might be tempted to just snip all of the lights off in that case n stick a new set on. Probably easier.

:cry::cry: Any donations welcome lol

Come on that crimbo tree must have only been like £5.99 then about £50 quid for staff to set it up!

Soldato
so i cut it out and wired directly to the plug. the blue and green ones came on and now the yellow and red are off lol, is there any way i can wire it so they are all just constantly on? i suppose i need a new function box?

If you reverse the wires then you'll have the red and yellow ones on instead... now all you need to do is keep doing that very quickly and all will look like they are on :p (Only half a joke!)

Back
Top Bottom