I haven't drank alcohol for 15 years.

But when I did my favourites were;

Cider
White wines - Asti Spumante, and Asti Martini
Vodka
Gin

And a little Rum if I want warming up.

Soldato
3 crates of San Miguel, 12 bottles of wine and made sure the whisky cabinet is nicely full.

Wife is in charge of gin and anything bubbly.

Oh and Baileys was 9 quid for a litre so we've ended up with 3 bottles.

Soldato
It's crazy how quickly Baileys can go. We picked up a litre from Costco for £8 and it's mostly finished and i think we've only drank it 3 times. Probably doesn't help our servings are ~125ml a time, but it just goes down so easily!

One of the GF's relatives was drinking pints of it one boxing day , doesn't last long then lol

At parents on Christmas day so will just stick to the beer and cider, maybe some prosecco then boxing day at ours I will be getting the cocktails out.

Soldato
Haha it's easily done though. It's only the same % as wine, so could easily treat it as such.

The bigger problem is when the wife has a measure of baileys like that and i fill a Whisky to the same levels. Anything over a double leaves me feeling ropey in the morning, but a double just looks pathetic and is gone so quickly :(

Soldato
Got a bottle of Cremant for Christmas Day, a slab of Biere de Noël and some homemade Vin de Noix to make it through the holidays. Might pop out to see some nearby friends on Christmas Eve, but it’ll be just the two of us at home this year.

Soldato
Haha it's easily done though. It's only the same % as wine, so could easily treat it as such.

The bigger problem is when the wife has a measure of baileys like that and i fill a Whisky to the same levels. Anything over a double leaves me feeling ropey in the morning, but a double just looks pathetic and is gone so quickly :(
Funny, a double will last me a while, but I could probably do 3 or 4 doubles before feeling any effects the next day.

Soldato
Whitley Nell Rubarb and Ginger Gin
Old J Spiced Rum
Baileys
Lots of different traditional Ales

Presecco and white wine for the big day
Sorted....

Soldato
Any suggestions on a decent Vodka or Whisky?

Vodka is vodka. What are you drinking it with?
Whisky is a whole different ball game. Do you drink whisky, if so, what do you drink at the moment? Do you like smoky; peaty; salty; sweet, etc? If you’re new to whisky, pick up Macallan 10 or Highland Park from the supermarket. That’ll do you fine and is pretty inoffensive.

Soldato
Whisky is a whole different ball game. Do you drink whisky, if so, what do you drink at the moment? Do you like smoky; peaty; salty; sweet, etc? If you’re new to whisky, pick up Macallan 10 or Highland Park from the supermarket. That’ll do you fine and is pretty inoffensive.
+1

Also Old Pultenay a good staple.

If you want to go a bit more spenny I'd go for Lagavulin 16. Normally on offer for £49.

Soldato
A very nice 15 year old Glenlivet can be had for £35 from Tesco.

I'll have a look, thanks.

Me personally, not sure if I'll drink much of the Vodka, it's mainly for others but I'd like something nice on offer. As for Whisky I'm a total noob, I've had Jack Daniels and that's pretty much it. I find it alright, I can't complain but I know there's better out there.. a sweet Whisky would be nice I'm sure.

Associate
Beluga vodka is the best one I've tried. Drunk neat it's super smooth, and also had a rocket fuel effect on me as if it had some kind of stimulant in it :D

For a sweet whiskey you could try something like Bulleit.

I've basically given up booze anyway, so won't be drinking more than half a glass of wine with the meal and maybe a sip of the amaretto which I'm currently shopping for (only ever tried Disaronno, which is fine but wanted to see what others are like).

Soldato
I have a keg of Tiger and a keg of Moretti for my Blade machine, a keg of Lowenbrau for my Perfectdraft machine and a few kegs of Heineken and Moretti Baffo d'Oro for my Sub machine, I also have some bottles of different Oktoberfest lagers, but I'm trying to save them for a few months into next year.

Soldato
I actually bought some independant amaretto and it was much nicer than the usual offerings. A lot less sweet than Disoranno/the usual supermarket own brands and it was a lot better for it.

which one ? Luxardo's my favourite, saliza tossilini with girl on bottle 2nd - disoranno is a sickly mess yes.

-------------------

for whiskey busmills black bush and their standard are both nice and on offer at amazon

----

good article on channel 4 last night - how alcohol is not a drug for tory crony's

https://www.channel4.com/news/the-f...lockdown-drink-problem-as-alcohol-deaths-soar

Soldato
Just off the top of my head here......

Tennants
Budweiser
Peroni
Corona

Vodka
Vanilla Vodka
Chambord
Rhubarb Gin
White Rum
Baileys