Cinema room TV upgrade advice please

Associate
Hey

Been wanting to upgrade my 55 Samsung F8000 for a while. The LG 77C8 has just got to a price point I would consider it but is still more than I would ideally want to spend, I would try and keep this sort of purchase under £2k. This will only be used in a dark room cinema room so brightness and sound is not an issue just colours and blacks. Would anyone have any alternative recommendations that would have a similar picture quality for up to £4k (ideally less). Given the room is dark anyway should I consider a projector, my room is not massive I sit about 10 foot from screen so I personally would probably not want to go bigger than 85 inches and TVs are getting to this size. I quite like the look of Sony KD85XF, also Samsung does some nice looking QLED but everything looks good in bright show room. I just worry as the blacks have always been fairly poor on my current Samsung. Does anyone know if richer sounds demo there TVs in a dark room.

Thanks

Edit title was meant to be be Cinema room TV upgrade advice please. Phone posted before I was ready.

Associate
OP
Think I am going to have to go with the OLED. It's what I want and I think it's the best picture I have seen, although at almost 2k about other similar screens it needs to be.

Soldato
Should have gone for oled.
Unless you're gaming with Xbox ps or pc in which case yeah get qled

For a dark room oled is better also in such a dark room you'll have contrast and oled light lower therefore less likely to get screen burn.

Associate
Should have gone for oled.
Unless you're gaming with Xbox ps or pc in which case yeah get qled

For a dark room oled is better also in such a dark room you'll have contrast and oled light lower therefore less likely to get screen burn.

Oh dear. I'm not gaming, but it's not for a dark room.
I've edited my post to include that it's a 75" QLED. I couldn't resist at that price :rolleyes: Delivery is later this week.

Associate
OP
I may do gaming on it every now and then but it would be 98% movie/series and about 2% gaming. I would play at most about 1 hour every couple of weeks and not the sort of games that have a HUD. I assume burn in risk in this case should be low?

Associate
OP
Just got from Richer sounds for £4100 can't believe I have just spent that much on a TV. It was anoying Costco had for £3600 but to far for richer sounds to price match. Also not sure what store actually have, only 11 across all Costco stores and none down south seemed to have any.

Associate
OP
I do start to wonder how they will sell TVs in the future. I mean I am finding the improvement each generation is getting smaller, especially if viewing in room with fair amount of ambient light. Picture quality has got so good across the board, the difference between low, mid and high tier is getting smaller. Size will be an option but thier is a limit to that especially with the smaller size of houses in the UK. I guess 8k maybe but unless you have a 65 inch plus screen I don't see many people needing/wanting to upgrade for it. I still think plasma screens look so good, wish I had got the Panasonic VT60 instead of my Samsung. At least now my Samsung is moving to the living room the brightness will be a good thing and it's inability to do dark scenes well won't matter as much.

Back
Top Bottom