Circular saw jammed

Associate
I just bought a circular saw from eBay, on the first test it made a horrible noise and the blade did not spin.

With a bit more investigation it seems the blade is touching the kerf guide which prevents it from spinning. The noise like a herd of dying metal bands is the spindle turning inside the blade.

There is a photo below, I can't work out if the kerf guide is bent, there is a spacer missing, or if the spindle/axle itself is bent.

Can anyone help?

333jpmr.jpg

Soldato
Send it back for a refund? TBH if it's that buggered I would not trust it if I had managed to get it sorted. Something like that can be very dangerous even when working correctly.

Associate
Afraid I can't help but I would echo the above, even if it's fixable I wouldn't want it to be anything other than 100%. Who knows what might be wrong with it, and I wouldn't want to be on the business end of a circular saw. If it's faulty on the first test as you say, the seller must have sold it knowing it was broken surely? Send it back.

Soldato
Photo taken with a potato, so hard to see what's going on. Is the blade overlapping the riving knife? Nevertheless, if that's how it arrived, take it up with eBay for a refund.

Last edited:
Soldato
Send it back for a refund? TBH if it's that buggered I would not trust it if I had managed to get it sorted. Something like that can be very dangerous even when working correctly.

This, last thing you want is for a blade spinning at x000 RPM to suddenly break or detach itself from the saw a couple of feet from your face...

Associate
OP
Sorted it out. The riving knife (black metal part) had moved in transit. Unscrewed and reattached - all working fine now. It's a quality skilsaw so worth the time sorting. Will give all the nuts and bolts a check over before properly using. Appreciate the safety first messages - definitely not kit to be messed with.

Back
Top Bottom