CISI Investment Operations Certificate (IOC)

Soldato
I was just wondering if any of one hre are holders of the CISI Investment Operations Certificate (IOC)?

If you are, please can you let me know what role you hold now in part due to this qualification?

I currently work in asset maintenance and reconciliations for an international wealth management firm and I am looking to head down the route of a professional operations qualification, but I'm curious as to what doors will be opened with the qualification and long term salary expectations.

Soldato
OP
Well I've completed and passed the first module, I'm starting the UK Financial Regulations module on the 20th June for anyone in future who goes down this route.

Caporegime
I did the financial regs, securities and the derivatives exams a while ago, they were needed for approved person status in a regulated role I had at the time... aside from that I'm not sure they were too useful other than I guess to demonstrate some basic knowledge on the CV back when applying for junior positions.

They're basically just multiple guess exams and are (or were) at an equivalent level to A-Level standard (level 3 qualifications) so unless you actually need them for a particular role or you really have no other way of demonstrating the relevant level of knowledge I'd probably not bother.

Thug
Soldato
Wouldn't really see the point to be honest. Ops is about networking and trying to break into management. No other way you're getting influence in the BO.

Unless you don't care about that in which case why do the exam?

P.s move roles as well can't see post trade and recs lasting long.

Back
Top Bottom