Citreon C3 2015 1.2 puretech as a first car ?

Soldato
I'm taking my practical soon (in the next month), If anyone has seen my frivolous thread I was looking at Ford Fiestas which where similar to what I was learning to drive in, but I've just come across this, while abit slow it ticks the boxes and is far cheaper than Fiesta. Kinda like the colour as well :)

What are peoples opinions on it ? It looks like it cost just over £900 for the insurance.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902044592178

Soldato
ew. Thing with french car is it'll drop in value like no other and will also be cack in many ways, funny electrics with those citroens I've heard. For that budget you can pick a decent first car.

id rather a fiesta, polo or a suzuki swift.

swift would be cheap to insure too.

Associate
Agreed with the above.

Get a Fiesta or something Japanese, Honda, Toyota etc.

Absolutely loads around for less than the Citroen.

What you'll save on insurance in the first year you will definitely spend in repairs.

Soldato
OP

£1200 for insurance on that Fiesta, much higher tax too :(

£1100 for the swift on the insurance , not a fan of the looks (beggars can't be choosers though) I can't get to the car to see it, I really only have access to what is around Oxford and MK and maybe reading as well I don't have a car.

Soldato
OP
Just want something with good mpg, don't cost the earth to run/buy/insure, not have such high mileage that when i come round to selling it ill have to give it away had something I want to drive, As well as being good for a couple of years.

I don't want to spend £1000's on a car ill be ashamed of driving around in lol

Caporegime
Just want something with good mpg, don't cost the earth to run/buy/insure, not have such high mileage that when i come round to selling it ill have to give it away had something I want to drive, As well as being good for a couple of years.

I don't want to spend £1000's on a car ill be ashamed of driving around in lol

Get Japanese if you want reliable.

MPG depends on quite a few things, like how much driving you do and what kind of driving you do.

As for the miles of the car when you come to sell it, it would be worthless if you had spent thousands fixing it, it would be offset by the money saved by not fixing a reliable Japanese car.

Soldato
OP
Get Japanese if you want reliable.

MPG depends on quite a few things, like how much driving you do and what kind of driving you do.

As for the miles of the car when you come to sell it, it would be worthless if you had spent thousands fixing it, it would be offset by the money saved by not fixing a reliable Japanese car.

I guess your right :)

Soldato
Helpful no need to be a ****, I liked the purple Citroen

Well only you can tell us what you would and would not be ashamed driving around in really. Fiestas, Polos, Ibizas, and the equivalent from the likes of Mazda and Honda are all worth a look and with a 5k budget you'll get something decent, there's plenty of choice out there and the less-common options (like the Mazda2) will often come better specced than the more common stuff.

Personally I'd be looking at a Focus/Astra/Leon/Mazda3 or equivalent, you'll pay more for insurance for the first couple of years but you'll get more car for your money and be more inclined to keep it for longer. I had a 1.6 Astra as my first car and kept it for five years.

Back
Top Bottom